Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1-94 expires while waiting for receipt for I485?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1-94 expires while waiting for receipt for I485?

We are filing our I-485 two weeks ahead of our I-94 expiring. At this stage we only have a receipt for EB- exceptional ability ( I140) What does this mean with regard to the expiring - if the receipt for the I-485 is dated prior to expiry of the I-94 is this OK? and if they take forever to send a receipt does this mean we are out of status?
    thanks

We are filing our I-485 two weeks ahead of our I-94 expiring. At this stage we only have a receipt for EB- exceptional ability ( I140) What does this mean with regard to the expiring - if the receipt for the I-485 is dated prior to expiry of the I-94 is this OK? and if they take forever to send a receipt does this mean we are out of status?
    thanks

Comment

The safe way would be to apply for an Extention of stay.

Look at http://www.ins.gov/graphics/howdoi/extendstay.htm for more information.

Comment

If you mail I-485 via courier service (FedEx, UPS, USPS Express Mail, or Certified Mail with Return Receipt), the delivery record will serve as a proof of timely filing. Also, cashed check may serve the same.

Comment

Thanks
          I am concerned about filing an extension to stay on B2 visa while I-485 is pending

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation