Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advance parole

I am in US without status, (overstay) and have filed 1 -130 for my brother to sponsor me in.

Q1.Can I and should I file the other form I.485 now or later.

And more importantly, one of parents is ill and I would like to go visit him abroad, Q2. can I get advance parole as an overstay and can immigration still deny me re-entry with it? Is advance parole useful or dangerous double edged sword??????????

thankyou

I am in US without status, (overstay) and have filed 1 -130 for my brother to sponsor me in.

Q1.Can I and should I file the other form I.485 now or later.

And more importantly, one of parents is ill and I would like to go visit him abroad, Q2. can I get advance parole as an overstay and can immigration still deny me re-entry with it? Is advance parole useful or dangerous double edged sword??????????

thankyou

Comment

At this point you can not leave the country. If you do, you can be sure not to be able to get back in due to your overstay. Your brother can assist, however it will be a while before your number will be current to adjust.

Better to stay or leave and not expect to come back for a while.. 3 years bar if you have overstayed for over 180 days and 10 years if you overstayed for more than one (1) year.

Comment

thanks b, how long does it take to get sponsored in via my brother in this instance??and should I file the other form immediately or wait to be assigned a number, thankyou

Comment

That depends on what country you are from. That goes by visa numbers//priority dates.

So I honestly could not tell you.

Anyone?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs