Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ANY ADVICE ON DEALING WITH THE CONSULATE?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANY ADVICE ON DEALING WITH THE CONSULATE?

My wife's k3 case has finally arrived at the U.S. Consualte in hte Dominican Republic. Can anyone offer any advice on dealing with them? When I call there, I always talk to a Dominican worker. I can tell they do not understand what I am asking them. When I try in Spanish, they talk so fast I can not keep up. I ask them to speak slower and they ignore my request. They present the image that by asking them to do their job, I am putting them out. When I ask if I can speak to a U.S. official, they say "No". I would appreciate any advice. Even if it is from dealing with a different consulate. Thanks.

My wife's k3 case has finally arrived at the U.S. Consualte in hte Dominican Republic. Can anyone offer any advice on dealing with them? When I call there, I always talk to a Dominican worker. I can tell they do not understand what I am asking them. When I try in Spanish, they talk so fast I can not keep up. I ask them to speak slower and they ignore my request. They present the image that by asking them to do their job, I am putting them out. When I ask if I can speak to a U.S. official, they say "No". I would appreciate any advice. Even if it is from dealing with a different consulate. Thanks.

Comment

There is really little for you to do; the consulate folks will schedule her for an interview and send some papers to her to complete and return. Her appointment date will likely be based on the workload of the consulate, staffing levels, etc.
      If, during her interview, she is missing some papers, they will inform her of same and tell her what she needs to obtain to complete her case.
      Most likely they will send her a checklist and make sure she has everything in order before scheduling her visa interview (this would reduce the chance of unncessary delay).
      Trying to call and put her at the front of the line will not do any good; it is normally a 'first come, first serve" situation. If everyone tried to put their case at the front, who would be first? A bit of patience will go a long way in this situation.

Comment

I am not trying to put her in front. The problem is that the Consualte workers are saying they do not have the case and the National Visa Center says that they do. I do not know what to do! The Consulate told me to try back in 4 weeks! The NVC says that the case is there now!

Comment

The NVC may have sent the petition but as to whether or not it has arrived is hard to say. Mail times are erratic. Also, an embassy is going receive a lot of stuff everyday.
          Normally when a petition has arrived and is "unpacked" the staff arrange it, make sure everything is there that is supposed to be and then prepare the packet that goes to the applicant and mails that off to him/her. They do not notify someone that the petition has arrived - rather they send out the material that needs attention and informs the applicant about the upcoming appointment and what to bring, etc.
          The Dominican Republic is a busy place, consular wise, but they will process her stuff in as timely a manner as they can.

Comment

The NVC said the case was e-mailed and that they shouldd have recieved it the same day. Is it possible they have it, but they have not gotten to it yet? All they say is my case is not in the system, try back in four weeks.

Comment

Yes, it is possible that it is in the "email" queue and there is unsufficient staff to download everything. It also could be that the consulate has only received the positive notification but without the petition and its contents, nothing can be done. INS is still a long way from using electronic means to move documents around, other than notifications and other one-page correspondence.
              Not to worry - the consular staff will get to it and process it - understandably you want this to go faster, but things are just going to proceed based on the personnel available to do the job.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation