X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone please help

Hi All

I found your web address and details as I was searching the net for help with a very delicate issue.

Heres my story please please read.

A very dear friend of mine has a baby son in Granite City Illinois he will be 2 years old in March of this year. My friend was born and lives in the UK.

My friend and the babys mother met on the internet, my friend flew to the U.S.A to meet and a relationship began. He spent 3 weeks with her before coming back to the U.K, then a few month later he flew back out to spend 3months building the relationship. In this time she became pregnant with their baby and they started to plan a wedding.

My friend returned home to sort out all the necessary details and visas etc. In the mean time the mother had some pregnancy complications and my friend flew back out to be with her, unfortunately he was stopped at immigration and it was decided he was a risk that if he was allowed into the U.S.A that he may not leave and he was sent back to the U.K his passport was stamped REFUSED.

A couple of months later my friend became a father for the first time when his girlfriend gave birth to their baby boy, the strain soon began to show on their relationship and it wasn't long before she called off the marriage and refused to offer any help to get him to the U.S.A legally so that he could be with his son.

He has twice flown out to the U.S.A to see his son knowing that he may get stopped at immigration again, luckily he never has been stopped again and he has managed to spend a few short weeks with his baby son.

My friend is desperate to see his son grow up, to be allowed to go to the U.S.A freely without worry of being refused entry again and visit his son and be with him and for his son to know who his father is. The EX girlfriend has said she will allow him to see their son, but because she is in a new relationship with someone that she cannot risk her new relationship by being seen to help him get to the U.S.A.

My friend is not on the birth certificate though the ex girlfriend has always maintained their son is his and has never attempted to deny this, and my friend knows 100% the little boy is his son.

All my friend wants in life is to be allowed to be a father to his son and we need help to know what it is he needs to do next. He is getting no help from the babys mother and he needs as much help. advice as any one is willing to offer.

He is paying $200 a month child support and has been doing for 7months without fail as this is the arrangement the babys mother wanted.

Please please can you offer any kind of help in what it is he is required to do.

Is there ANYTHING the babies mother could or can be doing to help.

Is it possible for him to be allowed into the U.S.A?

Is it possible for the REFUSED Entry on his passport to be reviewed and removed?

Is it possible under family law that my friend will be allowed into the U.S.A because he has a minor child who is a U.S citizen?

Is there any applications he as a father can apply for?

Any help no matter how small will truely be a blessing for him.

Can you help please.

Thank you in advance

Carol.

Hi All

I found your web address and details as I was searching the net for help with a very delicate issue.

Heres my story please please read.

A very dear friend of mine has a baby son in Granite City Illinois he will be 2 years old in March of this year. My friend was born and lives in the UK.

My friend and the babys mother met on the internet, my friend flew to the U.S.A to meet and a relationship began. He spent 3 weeks with her before coming back to the U.K, then a few month later he flew back out to spend 3months building the relationship. In this time she became pregnant with their baby and they started to plan a wedding.

My friend returned home to sort out all the necessary details and visas etc. In the mean time the mother had some pregnancy complications and my friend flew back out to be with her, unfortunately he was stopped at immigration and it was decided he was a risk that if he was allowed into the U.S.A that he may not leave and he was sent back to the U.K his passport was stamped REFUSED.

A couple of months later my friend became a father for the first time when his girlfriend gave birth to their baby boy, the strain soon began to show on their relationship and it wasn't long before she called off the marriage and refused to offer any help to get him to the U.S.A legally so that he could be with his son.

He has twice flown out to the U.S.A to see his son knowing that he may get stopped at immigration again, luckily he never has been stopped again and he has managed to spend a few short weeks with his baby son.

My friend is desperate to see his son grow up, to be allowed to go to the U.S.A freely without worry of being refused entry again and visit his son and be with him and for his son to know who his father is. The EX girlfriend has said she will allow him to see their son, but because she is in a new relationship with someone that she cannot risk her new relationship by being seen to help him get to the U.S.A.

My friend is not on the birth certificate though the ex girlfriend has always maintained their son is his and has never attempted to deny this, and my friend knows 100% the little boy is his son.

All my friend wants in life is to be allowed to be a father to his son and we need help to know what it is he needs to do next. He is getting no help from the babys mother and he needs as much help. advice as any one is willing to offer.

He is paying $200 a month child support and has been doing for 7months without fail as this is the arrangement the babys mother wanted.

Please please can you offer any kind of help in what it is he is required to do.

Is there ANYTHING the babies mother could or can be doing to help.

Is it possible for him to be allowed into the U.S.A?

Is it possible for the REFUSED Entry on his passport to be reviewed and removed?

Is it possible under family law that my friend will be allowed into the U.S.A because he has a minor child who is a U.S citizen?

Is there any applications he as a father can apply for?

Any help no matter how small will truely be a blessing for him.

Can you help please.

Thank you in advance

Carol.

Comment

Hi carol ...

At this moment 3 options for your friend ...

1. if mother of their child wants to marry him , he can live in USA. Can enter on fiancée visa K1, or after marriage K3 OR DCF
      2. US citizen infant wont help him... unless child turns 21 yrs old and then file petition for his dad
      3. work visa H1B

Good luck...Pasha

Comment

Hmmm... just as a safety precaution, your friend may insist on getting his name on the birth certificate. I don't understand why the mother didn't do that in the first place.

There is no visa category for your friend and yes, he risks being turned back every time he's at the airport because an immigration officer may think that he wants to stay in the U.S., instead of just visiting. As Pasha said, the US child will not be able to sponsor him until the child is 21. Having a USC child does not give any benefits to a foreign parent.

A "refused" entry stamp cannot be removed. He may be asked about it all times he wants to come to the U.S. Your friend's situation is very delicate and difficult. It seems that the mother of the child is not helping the situation at all. Does she ever go to the UK to let the child spend time with the father? Why won't she put his name on the birth certificate? I'm not sure how it would work, but perhaps your friend may want to speak to a US family law attorney about his rights to visitation with the child (after all, the mother cannot deny him from seeing the child). The mother of the child sounds like a very selfish person.

Basically, as far as immigration goes, your friend may be turned away at the U.S. border anytime. It just depends on the immigration officer. Your friend has very few options open to him (as Pasha suggested).

From the family law perspective, it may be in his best interest to speak to a US family law attorney.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation