Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can LPR file a Fiancee Visa?

I'm LPR just recently and still single, I don't know much about the immigration law here, I'm just wondering whether I can file a petition for my girlfriend under Fiancee Visa? How long does it will take to approve? Anybody can help me?

I'm LPR just recently and still single, I don't know much about the immigration law here, I'm just wondering whether I can file a petition for my girlfriend under Fiancee Visa? How long does it will take to approve? Anybody can help me?

Comment

it will be easier and probably faster when you obtain your naturalization first. One web-site said that the difference for a U.S. citizen and an LPR to sponsor a fiancee/spouse is about 5 yrs.

Comment

You can not file for fianse visa for her. After you marry her you can file I-130 form, but you will still be unable to bring her.

Comment

Fiancee petition is only available to a USC. If you an LPR then you need to marry her and then file for I-130, once you get a notice of reciept from the INS, you can then send the K3 petition.
          K3 petition is implemented by Life Act which enables your spouse to enter the country under non-immigrant status while you wait for your INS approval. Once she comes here under K3, she will be issued a temporary EAD which will enable you to acquire SSN and Drivers licence. Once the I-130 petition is approved, all of the process that should have been taken place at the consulate abroad will all be done here. Good luck to you.

Comment

K3 is not available to LPRs just USCs.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs