Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live where you want

During my university studies I always wanted to go and visit the US as a tourist. I have never thought about living there, I just wanted to see how the country looks like where most of the movies takes place. Los Angeles, Las Vegas, San Francisco, etc. After I graduated I had the chance to spend one year there and this year has changed my life.

From the moment I went out from the Airport building I felt comfortable with everything. Just like I would have ever lived there. I enjoyed that year very much. I liked the people there, the lifestyle, the cars, the land, everything. As my VISA expired, I had to come home and I miss everything so much.

Now I know that is the country where I would like to live. Unfortunately it is not so easy. Only the intention is not enough. As currently I am not a citizen, and not in the country either even I am trying continuously there is no success with getting a job offer for sponsorship. I can understand those companies. If I would be a manager and would receive an application from the other side of the world, probably I would not hire anybody without meet with him/her personally either. But I am very disappointed.

Without a job offer, I cannot get any working VISA or work permission. But without these, nobody wants to hire me.

Unfortunately I am not a scientist, a Nobel prized professor (however 30 years later I can still become...), not an Olympic winner. I am only a young engineer, a very easy person to work with, a fast learner and good in my profession. But how I could prove my abilities without any chance?

Please share with me your opinion, your feelings or if you have any idea where and how I should make a try.

There are lot of people go to the US and stay there working illegally. I don't want to do that. I have a nice job in my country even right now. I live well here, I have everything (house, car) It is just not the place where I want to live here. But how could I change my life?

During my university studies I always wanted to go and visit the US as a tourist. I have never thought about living there, I just wanted to see how the country looks like where most of the movies takes place. Los Angeles, Las Vegas, San Francisco, etc. After I graduated I had the chance to spend one year there and this year has changed my life.

From the moment I went out from the Airport building I felt comfortable with everything. Just like I would have ever lived there. I enjoyed that year very much. I liked the people there, the lifestyle, the cars, the land, everything. As my VISA expired, I had to come home and I miss everything so much.

Now I know that is the country where I would like to live. Unfortunately it is not so easy. Only the intention is not enough. As currently I am not a citizen, and not in the country either even I am trying continuously there is no success with getting a job offer for sponsorship. I can understand those companies. If I would be a manager and would receive an application from the other side of the world, probably I would not hire anybody without meet with him/her personally either. But I am very disappointed.

Without a job offer, I cannot get any working VISA or work permission. But without these, nobody wants to hire me.

Unfortunately I am not a scientist, a Nobel prized professor (however 30 years later I can still become...), not an Olympic winner. I am only a young engineer, a very easy person to work with, a fast learner and good in my profession. But how I could prove my abilities without any chance?

Please share with me your opinion, your feelings or if you have any idea where and how I should make a try.

There are lot of people go to the US and stay there working illegally. I don't want to do that. I have a nice job in my country even right now. I live well here, I have everything (house, car) It is just not the place where I want to live here. But how could I change my life?

Comment

LTee, besides working visas there are many other opportunities. Try to do the search on how to get a student visa, there are many sponsored programs and sometimes it's easier for foreigners to obtain a fellowship than for a US citizens (well, atr least some people think so).

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation