Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nebraska Service Center Action Committee Website

This is a great website and contact for people who's applications are at the NSC. I have contacted my state senator based on the information I received from this website - the statistics are staggering. I hope it is useful to you. Take care.

http://nsc/thegreatvoid.com

This is a great website and contact for people who's applications are at the NSC. I have contacted my state senator based on the information I received from this website - the statistics are staggering. I hope it is useful to you. Take care.

Comment

Are you sure this is a correct website address.

Comment

Yes Sam. I just checked it again and the website loaded fine. You might want to try again and be sure to type it exactly the way it's written. Good luck.

Comment

billie....i also tried opening this site from your post here and it doesnt seem to work.....i cut and pasted it also...hmmmmmmm????

Comment

Try not cutting and pasting it. I just returned to the website by typing it in.

It worked fine. The other way to get there is go to Yahoo.com and search "Nebraska Service Center Action Committee" - make certain you use the quotes - that should get you there. Take care

Comment

This site is not working. Neither by cutting/pasting nor by re-typing.

Comment

I don't know why it's not working - I have not trouble accessing it but I will cut/paste the first page here so you can get some information.

The following is directly from the website -- please notice the piece on PERFORMANCE - it's not very encouraging. Take care.

Welcome to the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (BCIS) Nebraska Service Center (NSC) Action Committee web site.

The NSC Action Committee is dedicated to providing comprehensive, quality information regarding the performance of the NSC in processing K-1 fiancé(e) visa petitions (Form I-129F) and to raising awareness of the plight of American citizens who are separated from their loved ones due to unacceptable processing times for K-1 fiancé(e) visas at the NSC. By so doing, we aim to reduce the time taken by the NSC to process K-1 fiancé(e) visas from its current level of 150 to 180 days (or more) to a fair and reasonable timeframe of 60 to 90 days, in line with the processing times for foreign worker and foreign student visas at the NSC and the processing times for K-1 fiancé(e) visas at the other BCIS service centers.

We welcome rebuttle, corrections and comments from the BCIS or other Government Officials about this site. If we have misunderstood something or incorrectly stated something, we wish to be corrected. It would be the most many of us have heard.

NSC Action Committee Press Releases and K-1 Visa News

Please support our quest for fair and equitable treatment,
                NSC Action Committee Petition

If you would like to join the NSC Action Committee, please send an email to speedynsc-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.

If you require further information regarding the NSC Action Committee and its aims and objectives, please send an email to speedynsc@hotmail.com.

Performance at the NSC

According to the most recently published reports (8-29-03 through 9-4-03), the four BCIS service centers are currently processing K-1 fiancé(e) visa petitions (I-129F) received on or before:

Nebraska Service Center (NSC): 2-4-2003
                Vermont Service Center (VSC): 7-11-2003 (A center move has apparently caused delays)
                California Service Center (CSC): 4-17-2003
                Texas Service Center (TSC): 4-2-2003

As can be seen, the NSC is now anywhere from 2 to 6 months behind the other BCIS service centers in the processing of K-1 fiancé(e) visa petitions. Over the last 2 weeks the NSC has fallen another 2 weeks behind.

Furthermore, the NSC is currently processing other I-129 visa petitions (foreign workers and foreign students) received on or before:

I-129 for H1B classification 6/25/2003
                I-129 for H2A classification 8/18/2003
                I-129 for H2B classification 7/28/2003
                I-129 for H3 classification 7/21/2003
                I-129 for L classification 7/30/2003
                I-129 for Blanket L petition 7/25/2003
                I-129 for O classification 7/7/2003
                I-129 for P classification 8/8/2003
                I-129 for Q or R classification 6/13/2003
                I-129 for TN classification 8/4/2003

K-1 fiancé(e) visa petitions are given significantly lower processing priority by the NSC when compared with the processing of foreign worker and foreign student visas. K-1 fiancé(e) visa petition processing is currently lagging behind foreign worker and foreign student visa processing by 5 to 6 months at the NSC.

Charts: (Pop-up Windows)
                Petitions awaiting approval from December, 2002 thru May, 2003 (9-1-03)
                Average days for approval for applications received week of 12/1 through 2/2
                Processing Rate/Week for NSC
                Total I129f Petitions Received by NSC
                Processing Month vs Month of Application

As can be seen from the current charts, the backlog continues to grow and average processing times are continuing to grow. The number of applications processed has also dropped for the most recent week reported.

Fiscal Year Ending September 30, 2003 Budget
                In 2002, the Immigration and Naturalization Service (now the BCIS and prior to it becoming part of the Department of Homeland Security) was granted a budget of 6.343 billion (see 102) for FY 2003, a $700 million increase on its funding for FY 2002. In its FY 2003 Budget Statement, the INS (now the BCIS) stated that it was committed to providing immigration benefits in a "... timely, [and] consistent ... manner nationwide ... and to eliminating the backlogs of applications ... and to maintaining the President's six-month processing time standard for all applications." To achieve these objectives, the President announced a five year, $500 million initiative, with $100 million being devoted to backlog elimination efforts in FY 2003 so as to "... achieve a national average processing time of six months or less for all applications by the end of FY 2003." With the Vermont Service Center processing K-1 fiancé(e) visas in 30 to 45 days or less, the six month national average for K-1 fiancé(e) is obviously achieved by subjecting US citizens serviced by the NSC to processing times of 6, 7 months or more. This geographical bias is totally unacceptable - we are all US citizens, we all pay the same visa processing fee and therefore, we all deserve equal treatment at the hands of the BCIS and the NSC.

If funds were provided to the NSC to eliminate the backlog of visa petitions by the end of FY 2003 we would like to know how that money has been spent as we certainly do not see any progress being made, in fact, the situation will be worse at the end of FY 2003.

Comment

Hi there...
                  The correct link is here...
                  http://nsc.thegreatvoid.com/

Comment

Thanks Pasha!!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times