Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Request for Additional Evidence" for I-129F

Today I received a notice from the Missouri Service Center for "Additional Evidence". They are asking me for a form I-797 Receipt Notice from my local service center. The only thing that I have from my local office is a letter that states "This letter serves as notice of receipt for the following application(s) received at this INS office on 7/15/02." Then there is a list of different forms, and the I-130 is checked. I also now have another notice, a form I-72, from my I-130 interview, requesting additional documentation from the interview. I do not have any form marked I-797, but I do indeed have a pending I-130. Can I provide what I have to them, or do I need to go to my local office and have them issue an I-797 to me? Would the local office be able to issue that to me as the petitioner?
    Thank you in advance for any imput on these questions.

Today I received a notice from the Missouri Service Center for "Additional Evidence". They are asking me for a form I-797 Receipt Notice from my local service center. The only thing that I have from my local office is a letter that states "This letter serves as notice of receipt for the following application(s) received at this INS office on 7/15/02." Then there is a list of different forms, and the I-130 is checked. I also now have another notice, a form I-72, from my I-130 interview, requesting additional documentation from the interview. I do not have any form marked I-797, but I do indeed have a pending I-130. Can I provide what I have to them, or do I need to go to my local office and have them issue an I-797 to me? Would the local office be able to issue that to me as the petitioner?
    Thank you in advance for any imput on these questions.

Comment

The form I-797 IS the Receipt Notice you received from your local service center. Send a copy of your Receipt Notice and the additional evidence you have justifying your marriage (wedding pictures, joint accounts, affidavits from two people who know the relationship to be real, etc.). Just carefully follow the instructions you were provided. Mark your envelope with your Case Number and write "Request for Additional Evidence" on the outside of the envelope. When you send your package be certain to use the type of mail that you will be able to "track", ensuring BCIS has received it. Good luck

Comment

I provided a copy of what I received form my local office when I originally filed. I think that maybe they are saying that is not the right form. There is no form number on the receipt notice that I received from my local office. Could that be the problem? I just do not want to re-send something that they already have to have them tell me in another month that it is not correct. Thank you for you information.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation