Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorce/Deportation

I came from India this Jan., got permanent resident card valid upto jan. 2005, my wife treated me so badly that I hate her, I want to get divorce, but her parents don't want her to apply from her side, because they think that if I give divorce, I will be deported back. They say openly that they will deport me back. If I apply for divorce will I be deported back just now or when my permanent status expires. please Help me!!!!!!!!

I came from India this Jan., got permanent resident card valid upto jan. 2005, my wife treated me so badly that I hate her, I want to get divorce, but her parents don't want her to apply from her side, because they think that if I give divorce, I will be deported back. They say openly that they will deport me back. If I apply for divorce will I be deported back just now or when my permanent status expires. please Help me!!!!!!!!

Comment

it can happend .you have conditional green card, you should wait for removal of condition Or gather the proof of her battered spouse and then you can file for divorce ,in the same time you have to file gfor batter spouse so you will be safe.

Comment

If there is abuse in the marriage, you may not be deported. A good immigration attorney will be able to help you with this domestic violence waiver. Stop listening to advice from every source by a good immigration attorney. Pay a bit for a consultation, and get the story straight. You will be relieved and surprised. I have seen so many times people who resist paying $100 consultation fee for the definitive answer, only to rely on heresay, which screws them up in the end, and meanwhile they suffer the consequences of a bad situation.

Comment

You do not have to wait until the conditions are removed. In some cases, waiting only validates BCIS' view that the marriage was entered into to gain immigration benefits.

Comment

deport illegal aliens

Comment

Dear Jes...There is no reason to sit in a BS marriage...so you can gather evidence for threats or mental abuse and you can file for removal of conditions based on subjection to mental cruelty. Your wife's parents can't play immigration police on you - you thought you'd be happy so you got married. It didn't work out and now you are abused. So get a lawer, shop around and ask them - but start early - before it' stime for adjustment of condiotions and you'll be all right.
              p.s. (I'm no lawyer so this is amateur writing, but I've been reading a bit)

Comment

Please write back how things are going. We have to get this site back on track with real help for honest people, not a place for racial slurs.
                Thanks you and good luck!

Comment

Please write back how is everything going with your case. It's high time that we started getting this discussion back on track and helping honest peole in trouble before the malicious guest_s with their slurs take over.
                  Thank yo and good luck

Comment

Ok Im wondering if lets say he files for divorce from his spouse that abuses him and he still stays here, Will she go to jail for being abusive? Will there be any consequences on her end even tho shes the American Citizen?

Comment

Not being satisfied with your marriage does not automatically mean that you're being abused. A case for abuse will be very difficult since you are the male. It is also very highly unlikely that there is any real abuse going on. Your permanent residency is based on your marriage to your wife. The government is letting you live and work here solely for a USC's benefit. If you divorce her, then you will have no valid purpose to remain in the US since your marriage will have terminated. The best thing to do is look into getting a student or work visa. Your wife's parents cannot deport you. If you terminate your marriage and remain illegaly in the US, then the most that they could do would be to report your presence. Your marriage did not last that long, so you didn't establish strong ties and roots in this country. The BCIS will have no problem with sending you back to India. You might want to consider marriage counseling. Your marriage could be salvageable. Marriage is supposed to be a lifelong thing. It's for better or for worse. You can't just quit because your not satisfied. If there is no abuse or no adultury in the relationship, then you would be doing yourself a big favor in the long run by trying to iron out your problems. Since you didn't mention any abuse or adultury in your post, I'm assuming that you could save your marriage. Please try. If you married her in the first place then you loved her. Love is not just a "feeling" it is a choice. You can choose to try to work out your problems. Marriage always takes a lot of work. There is no perfect marriage there are always problems to be worked out. I am in a bi-cultural marriage and trust me it's very hard work, but it's worth it. Love means not running away at the first sight of trouble. Please just try.

Comment

deport illegal aliens

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs