X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Julie
    replied
    there is no point to file taxes if you dont have any income. while filing taxes is viewed by govt as being responsible, there is no point to file if you dont have income (the operative word is 'income' taxes).

Leave a comment:

• max
    replied
    hi friends

I have applied for my greencard on marriage based. As we all know I need to show proof of bonafide marriage,like joint tax filing....

My self I am on visitor visa so I dont work here as well as I dont have SSN. My wife is also not working and she never filed tax returs. She has one interest account but she earned only $15 as interest for year 2003.

My question is can she file tax return without income just to declare the income is NIL?

If she can, can I file with her as joint filing?

Do I need to get ITIN for that?

I know that once I will get work permit, there will be no problem but what about now? Please advise me what to do while i am waiting for workpermit.

Leave a comment:

• max
    started a topic tax

tax

hi friends

I have applied for my greencard on marriage based. As we all know I need to show proof of bonafide marriage,like joint tax filing....

My self I am on visitor visa so I dont work here as well as I dont have SSN. My wife is also not working and she never filed tax returs. She has one interest account but she earned only $15 as interest for year 2003.

My question is can she file tax return without income just to declare the income is NIL?

If she can, can I file with her as joint filing?

Do I need to get ITIN for that?

I know that once I will get work permit, there will be no problem but what about now? Please advise me what to do while i am waiting for workpermit.
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney