X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

someone12

"and to that idiotic goose SKS...."

I'll let you use the "goose".....although it use to be one of my favorites..

"....a $1500 fine is peanuts to the average illegal....this is no penalty...it's like paying $1 for a speeding ticket....who cares?"

Raise the fine then.....

"And then, after paying the $1500....they are on track for a GC without having any other penalty imposed on them for fraud, overstay, EWI - zippidy-do-dah....that my ignorant contributor, is a REWARD."

Uhhh, the fine is for the fraud and EWI. Once the fine is paid, that is their punishment. Not a difficult concept.

"Penalties should do exactly that....penalize....make the transgressor think long and hard before breaking the law....and $1500 is a joke."

Raise the fine then....

"Most immigration attorneys charge that much for writing 2 letters...and compared to a $20,000 bill for an asylum case, $1500 is nothing."

Ditto.

"No, the penalty needs to be one that will be painful and cause future transgressors to think twice before following in their illegal brothers' footsteps as well as send a loud and clear message that the citizens of the US do not want their country overrun with illegals."

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWNNNNN.

Keept at it! Let me take a look around, yep, no signs of any federal agents conducting checkpoints or raids! Nah, the millions here are here to stay. More enter as well. Eventually you'll pull your head out and realize it....until then, keep b!tching.

Comment

Is there a shortage of low skilled workers in the United States: on our farms, construction sites, in our stores and restaurants?
      YES, if so than why not let working those who are currently present in USA and if they currently working USA?

Is there a visa category for a low skilled workers? NO, that is why the 10 milions work illegally because there is a gap in your laws!!!!!

It is better to give work visas for illegal aliens than bringing 10 milion new low skilled workers from abroad – that is what your president wants to do now!!!!!

Comment

Someone12:

Don't you get tired of getting your a-s-s- kicked by SKS?

Isn't it illegal launching a war and overthrowing a Govt. without the support of the United Nations?

Do you know that one of the human rights is to be allowed to live wherever you choose?

Don't you think that an amnesty every 20-30 years is already a harsh measure for those that are willing to come illegaly or overstay their visas know that they won't probably will ever get adjusted unlesss there is an amnesty and they usually are granted every 20-30 years (taking into account last amnesty of 1986 and the one that is coming).

When will you get that 245(i) is not an amnesty an rather is a section of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) that was disabled by the Congress and a while ago was enabled with a limit of time? and that if 245 allows adjustment of status of undocumented aliens ONLY if they HAVE A SPONSOR.

Why don't you start doing your math, since you like to numbers how much $$$ can those 8-12 million people bring on income taxes that are currently not reported because of lack of SS#

Comment

Is there a shortage of low skilled workers in the United States: on our farms, construction sites, in our stores and restaurants?
          YES, if so than why not let working those who are currently present in USA and if they are currently working USA?

Is there a visa category for a low skilled workers?
          NO, that is why the 10 milions work illegally because there is a gap in your laws!!!!!

It is better to give work visas for illegal aliens than bringing 10 milion new low skilled workers from abroad – that is what your president wants to do it now!!!!!

Comment

someone12

"..Why allow everybody's brother/sister/aunt/uncle/cousin/step-great-godmother to live and work in the US just because other family members scammed their way to the US???????????"

Are you talking of immigration policy??

"..and again SKS, $1500 is a pittance....and the ability to obtain a GC without further penalty for these illegals is a reward.."

What "further penalty"?? If the fine is for breaking the law, like EWI, then there is no further penalty needed.

".the "punishment" does not fit the crime...."

In your opinion.....

"sure, raise the fine ...to the moon..."

Either you don't like the fine the way it is, or you do, make up your mind.

"or offer a free trip back to whatever country they came from ....with no prospect of returning for quite some time....send a message..."

Good comedy material! How 'bout send a message with a stronger border and better oversight?? Nah, lets do nothing....

Yep, the millions are still here.

Comment

Melanie--If there were a shortage of agricultural workers, then agricultural wages would have risen. Over the past decade or more, they've actually declined in real terms from almost $7 an hour back down to $6 an hour. That's what happens when you have too many workers chasing too few jobs.

As for a visa category for unskilled workers--we've had H2 visas for years for unskilled seasonal workers in agriculture and other areas.
              Employers haven't been willing to use them because it subjects them to scrutiny--they actually have to pay somewhat decent wages and obey labor and health laws. You don't see agribusiness or the hotel industry pushing for a reform of our green card laws because that would make them responsible for the workers they hire. Instead, they want "amnesty" for illegal aliens which means they can continue to pay low wages while the taxpayer pays the freight for the medical care of their workers. And they don't have to prove that an American isn't available to do the job, either.

Comment

SKS--Paying a fine for the initial violation of the law, such as illegal entry, still doesn't allow you to keep on breaking the law by remaining here, committing fraud, and working illegally.

Actually, there are already provisions in law that allow the government to fine illegal aliens up to $500 for each day they're here. So far, no one's used it--probably too much of a political football and too hard to collect. I wonder, however, how long it will take before revenue-strapped government realizes that it could hit a goldmine by going after the bank accounts and property of illegal aliens--a process made easier by the acceptance of matricula consular.

Comment

Do you know that one of the human rights is to be allowed to live wherever you choose?

--Says who? You? It's a fundamental right of nation's (and societies) to regulate who lives within their boundaries, and under what terms.

Don't you think that an amnesty every 20-30 years is already a harsh measure for those that are willing to come illegaly or overstay their visas know that they won't probably will ever get adjusted unlesss there is an amnesty and they usually are granted every 20-30 years (taking into account last amnesty of 1986 and the one that is coming).

--There's a saying--fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. We were fooled once with claims that the 1986 amnesty would be the only one and would end illegal immigration. It didn't--we ended up with a worse problem. And just how "harsh" a "punishment" is it for people to live here illegally under conditions that are presumably better than in their homeland--otherwise they'd go home. In the meantime, consider all the would-be legal immigrants who won't be able to come, or have to wait years longer, because every time Congress has passed an amnesty such as that of 1986 or 245i or TPS, it's meant more work for the INS without a corresponding increase in resources.

When will you get that 245(i) is not an amnesty an rather is a section of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) that was disabled by the Congress and a while ago was enabled with a limit of time? and that if 245 allows adjustment of status of undocumented aliens ONLY if they HAVE A SPONSOR.

--When will you get it through your head that an amnesty by any other name is still an amnesty. Now, they're calling it "guest worker" program, but it still means that people who broke the law will be "forgiven" and allowed to remain. Having a sponsor doesn't change the fact that the illegal alien broke the law, and that the relative/employer were accomplices to it.

Why don't you start doing your math, since you like to numbers how much $$$ can those 8-12 million people bring on income taxes that are currently not reported because of lack of SS#.

--Why don't you do the math. Illegal aliens don't earn enough to have to pay taxes, and most likely would end up getting the earned income credit if they did file. Now, consider the COSTS of illegal immigrants: all those children getting a "free" education; all that medical care at taxpayer expense. The cost of housing criminial illegals in prisons.

Comment

aliba-

"Paying a fine for the initial violation of the law, such as illegal entry, still doesn't allow you to keep on breaking the law by remaining here, committing fraud, and working illegally."

No kidding, once the fine is payed the AOS process begins. Thus, at least in LA, an EAD is then obtained rather quickly..........and no more working illegally.

"...probably too much of a political football and too hard to collect."

"I wonder, however, how long it will take before revenue-strapped government realizes that it could hit a goldmine by going after the bank accounts and property of illegal aliens--a process made easier by the acceptance of matricula consular."

Keep dreaming........

"--When will you get it through your head that an amnesty by any other name is still an amnesty. Now, they're calling it "guest worker" program, but it still means that people who broke the law will be "forgiven" and allowed to remain."

No, 245(i) was not an amnesty.......and nothing is "forgiven", the punishment is the fine.

"Having a sponsor doesn't change the fact that the illegal alien broke the law, and that the relative/employer were accomplices to it."

The sponsor doesn't change that fact, the fine does.

As for your other garbage, much ado about nuttin'.

Nice attempts at trying to sound smart though.

In any case, that is what we'll most likely get. So keep rantin' till you're blue in the face, ain't gonna change squat. Don't like it, well that is just tough tamales isn't it?

And yep, the millions here are still here. Time to face facts.

Comment

I have to agree with someone12 regarding his views. If the government gives what may happen to be an amnesty, it will be a total disaster. There will be absolutely no deterant to future illegals coming to this country and it p-i-s-s-e-s me off the fact that I have to endure the long but LEGAL process of immigration while someone just waltzes across the border under the cover of darkness and gets rewarded for it. Melanie should be march straight back to where she came from......she sounds as though she believes that she deserves to be here but she doesn't unless she does immigration the legal way.
                      I do however recognise the fact there are around 10 million illegals maybe more..who knows.......who do all the jobs that americans don't want but these people need to earn their right to be here and the immigration process should be twice as long as it is for legal immigrants. In addition, they should be all have to pay not only a S10,000 fine but should have to go back to their country and apply for this so called"I'm not an Amnesty program.....honest!!!" program. The state of California should invest all the money that is ****ed dry from their welfare system by illegals and hire more border patrol officers or police and a build prison style wall the length of their border to keep the ILLEGAL MEXICANS out but more importantly keep the TERRORISTS out

Comment

Actually, i'm gonna have a **** good laugh when people who file tons of documentation proving legit marraige, ties to home countries, work on non-immigrant visas (h1, l1's) for years paying tens of thousands in taxes, study in schools and pay thousands in tutions, get rejected for tourist visas, wait 7-8 years to sponsor a brother or a sister, tons of docs to prove national interest, fighting for months in immigration court from getting deported, basically do it the LEGAL way....

see an illegal mexican walk by them at the INS office, and pickup a GC and smile and go off on their marry way.

Oh man, i can't wait for the backlash.

-= nav =-

Comment

Actually moondin, the backlash might be a moot point. Since these people who tries their best to obey the law and obtain residency via the legal way, usually don't have anywhere near the political cloud/power like the Hispanic population who supports illegal immigration. Not unless the entire US population sees this as a problem spiraling out of control.
                          If they need a reference, just point to the state of California and the mess they're into.

Comment

Los Angeles has more ILLEGAL immigrants, then LEGAL immigrants.

"Los Angeles. We are a city of illegal immigrants".

Kinda funny if you think about it.

-= nav =-

Comment

marmaduk, the hispanic population who support the illegal immigration of mexicans and cubans should lose any political clout they had by being stripped of their citizenship and if they are green card holders they should never be allowed to be citizens. I'm fed up with all the illegal immigrants who continually whine about this and that and how they deserve a chance to live and work in the USA..well I say f-u-c-k o-f-f back to your countries and do it the legal way........and while you are at it learn f-u-c-k-i-n-g english

Comment

Paddy Paddy Paddy!!

Blimey! I love how you express yourself, with no holds barred, but if I were moderator, I'd have to bleep you.
                                Sweet Madame Belu

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed