Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE DENIAL OF THE ALMOST AMERICAN

My name is Umberto Castiglione. I was born in Italy but I spent my childhood and youth in the U.S.A., precisely in Stamford, Connecticut.
    I immigrated with my family back in 1966 and have attended school in the USA and there I worked.
    In 1974 I sent in an application to become a U.S.Citizen. I was given an appointment and tested at the Immigration Office and passed the testes.
    I remember that they asked me to pay a sum of money for fees but I do no remember the exact amount.
    After a period of time I was called to appear at the Court for the swearing in Ceremony for loyalty to the U.S.of America, however for family reasons I happened to be in Italy at the time and I answered the authorities to let theme know of my temporary impossibility to keep said appointment to be sworn in.
    Due to the above explained situation, I ask, respectfully, to help me in intervening, or maybe with a miracle, so that I may reside there as a U.S.Citizen.
    I feel it is my duty to inform you that I have always been a lawabiding resident, that I have studied in America, I have always paid my texes and have always done my duty as a permanent resident, never having any problems with the law.
    I thank you in advance for your valid assistance in this matter in anything you can do to help me to resolve this problem and become a U.S.Citizen, since I passed all the requirements and tests.

With deepest respect

Umberto Castiglione

My name is Umberto Castiglione. I was born in Italy but I spent my childhood and youth in the U.S.A., precisely in Stamford, Connecticut.
    I immigrated with my family back in 1966 and have attended school in the USA and there I worked.
    In 1974 I sent in an application to become a U.S.Citizen. I was given an appointment and tested at the Immigration Office and passed the testes.
    I remember that they asked me to pay a sum of money for fees but I do no remember the exact amount.
    After a period of time I was called to appear at the Court for the swearing in Ceremony for loyalty to the U.S.of America, however for family reasons I happened to be in Italy at the time and I answered the authorities to let theme know of my temporary impossibility to keep said appointment to be sworn in.
    Due to the above explained situation, I ask, respectfully, to help me in intervening, or maybe with a miracle, so that I may reside there as a U.S.Citizen.
    I feel it is my duty to inform you that I have always been a lawabiding resident, that I have studied in America, I have always paid my texes and have always done my duty as a permanent resident, never having any problems with the law.
    I thank you in advance for your valid assistance in this matter in anything you can do to help me to resolve this problem and become a U.S.Citizen, since I passed all the requirements and tests.

With deepest respect

Umberto Castiglione

Comment

you application was in 1974, 27 years ago? why on god's earth has it lingered this long.. do tell

Comment

Bonjorno,

Unfortunatly, once you miss your oath for unexcused circumstances; being in Italy is not an excuse you need to start the process all over again. The statute of limitation of reopening for any legitemate reasons such as circumstances that were beyond your power traffic crash serious illness etc. would be 90-180 days I'd imagine.

if you continued to live in the U.S. and if you fullfill all the other requirements for citizenship then you have to reapply as anyone else. If you have been abbroad for extended periods of time and still remain there and your LPR status has been abonened, then U.S. citizenship is out of question for right now as you have to establish a basis to legally immigrate, adjust your status to that of LPR and you can consider U.S. citizenship. Your previous extended stay in LPR status has no bearing whatsoever. Good luck!

Btw Julie: the difference between 2004 and 1974 is 30 (!!) years..

Comment

d-a-m-n-i-t, im getting rusty in my old age..

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation