Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Employment Authorization Card - renewal process?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employment Authorization Card - renewal process?

An employee's work authorization expired. He has an immigration attorney now and is getting help. The attorney said that if your card expires, and you reapply, then your work authorization is still valid. Something doesn't sound right. It expired, and the renewal hasn't been approved, but the attorney said he's still eligible for employment. Has anyone gone through this?

An employee's work authorization expired. He has an immigration attorney now and is getting help. The attorney said that if your card expires, and you reapply, then your work authorization is still valid. Something doesn't sound right. It expired, and the renewal hasn't been approved, but the attorney said he's still eligible for employment. Has anyone gone through this?

Comment

I dont believe that this is true. The INS lost my EAD application and I work for a large corporation. I received all the 120/60/30 day notices from their large immigration attorney company. They very specifically stated that I would be terminated on the last day of my EAD. When I went to the INS. They needed to see the letter that stated the official 'termination' word before they would entertain the fact that I had applied, despite the fact that I had their cashed check. I had applied by mail and they do not send receipts back when by mail, and they would not believe the cashed check.

Comment

Hey, guest, when did this happen to you? Ridiculous!! I found out some info on our friend - he's El Salvadoran and is covered under a 6-month extension of the EAD under some "protection act" - short story long, I went to the INS web site, went to Search and typed TPS - I found out that El Salvadorans and several groups are covered under this extension. The time frame to reapply for EAD has been extended and the cards that have expired are apparently still valid provided you apply within a certain time frame. It may apply to you, too. Thanks for your input!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation