Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW CAN I MOVE TO CANADA?

HOW DO I MIGRATE TO CANADA UNDER SKILLED-WORKER? DO I NEED TO FIND A JOB FIRST, OR CAN I JUST APPLY FOR IT AND LOOK FOR A JOB THERE? I AM EDUCATED HERE IN THE US OF A BUT STAYED AFTER SCHOOL. IT HAS BEEN 10 YEARS NOW. I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO GET INFO ABOUT MOVING TO CANADA. IN THEIR SITE, IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO SCORE 75 IF YOU DON'T AVE A JOB OFFER AND RELATIVES.YOUR INPUT WILL BE APPRECIATED.

HOW DO I MIGRATE TO CANADA UNDER SKILLED-WORKER? DO I NEED TO FIND A JOB FIRST, OR CAN I JUST APPLY FOR IT AND LOOK FOR A JOB THERE? I AM EDUCATED HERE IN THE US OF A BUT STAYED AFTER SCHOOL. IT HAS BEEN 10 YEARS NOW. I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO GET INFO ABOUT MOVING TO CANADA. IN THEIR SITE, IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO SCORE 75 IF YOU DON'T AVE A JOB OFFER AND RELATIVES.YOUR INPUT WILL BE APPRECIATED.

Comment

please advise....

Comment

Check this link and see if you qualify
        http://www.canadavisa.com/.
        Canada may have a little liberal immigration policy but it accepts only the highly educated and highly skilled workers. If you have the education qualifications you can esaily qualify it might take about 2 years to get your landing papers.

Comment

As strange as it sounds, Canada does not accept petitions at Canadian Cosulates or at the Canadian Embassy if you are an alien out of status in the U.S. (e.i. you can't immigrate from the U.S.to Canada).
          You have to go back to your country and do the petition and all the paper work at the Canadian Embassy in your home country. If you're qualified and educated you are fine and have a very good chance to be able to immigrate if yolu meet the requirements
          Again, if you're illigaly in the U.S. don't bother to file your petition in the U.S. at any Canadian consulate.
          You can learn more about skilled immigration on the Canadian Embassy's website under "visas and immigration" section.
          I was thinking of the same thing and was in the same situtation and later found out that I can't apply form here unles I go back to my country and do it there.

Comment

Well, You're out of status in the U.S. Let's say you get a job offer from a Canadian employer. Because you're out of status in the U.S. you won't be able to get a Canadian workpermit at a Canadian consulate or Canadian Embassy in the U.S.
            However, if you get a job offer and you apply for a workpermit at the Canadian Embassy in your country you may be able to get it and work in Canada. Once you moved there, your Canadian employer can sponsor you for Canadian permament residency.
            You're right, if you don't have a job offer, it's damn hard to score above 75 points.

Comment

Just read your post and I don't mean to offend you, but you are giving out false information. I am an illegal alien here in the U.S. and have been illegal for over 4 years now, although I was legal before that. I just finished my interview at the Canadian Consulate in NY, and got approved, with my wife and children. Their first question was whether we were legal or illegal, and they did not care after that and the Visa Office told me that it doesn't matter to them whether an applicant is legal or illegal, as long as they have the qualifications. So we all got approved and are simply waiting for our landing papers.

Comment

Wrong, wrong, wrong. You guys shouldn't be giving advices if you do not know the answer or giving opinions.
                Yes, you apply for LPR in Canada, as long as you meet the criteria and score the minimum allowed score, and they'll issue you a visa for Canada from the US if you'll qualify, and regardless of your status.
                I do know few people who got admitted to Canada. They lived here on an expired visa, got an education here in the US and worked in the high tech industry in Silicon Valley. The Canadian officials don't seem to mind as long as you'll contribute to the country, and as long as you are not a serious criminal.
                Good luck!

Comment

Thanks for all your input... I'll be scouting for a job and will apply when I find one. I'm glad to know that I can actually do it from here. If there are any other advise that you can give, I'd be more than glad to read it! I am really excited about the fact that I can possibly move to Canada leagally, this time :-)

Thanks again!

Comment

Does anybody have experience with this situation?

I have been living in the US on expired status for a number of years. I have been educated in the US and I have a good job at the moment, but I want to move to Canada because I'm having difficulty becoming legal resident in the US. I submitted an application for PR in Canada a couple of weeks ago. The application was returned for failure to include evidence of status in the US. The problem is I don't have any legal status to prove, but I have attached copies of my expired entry visa and I-94.
                    Will this work? For those who have done this before on expired status, what evidence do you attach with your application.

Comment

hey Guest2, how do you have a job while being out of status yourself?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation