X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have been Issued NTA while I have valid Work permit

Hello

I got my Work Permit, OPTIONAL PRACTICAL TRAINING( valid till december 2003).
    Then I went for special registration and the officer gave me NTA cos he told me I dont have a JOb yet and he siad I must have JOB before I apply for OPT, but I told him this is not the case , but he was so hard on me that He issued NTA,its been 4 months now Nad I never get any court date yet, on My NTA he wrote DID NOT FULFILL THE REQUIREMNET OF OPTIOANL PRACTICAL TRAINING.
    Now when My lawyer talked to him, He said he did not issued me NTA cos I was without job, He issued it beause during registration, I told him I was working volutrey for someone so I dont have to pay rent for my palce, and as far as I know, I never said anythign liek that, I just told him, I am staying with a freind and he is not taking rent from me,
    Anyway, when i will go to court, how will he prove that I said something, which I didnt not,
    will Judge cancal my NTA cos i have every proof (INA Regulations) that I can even stay here withoiut a job as long as I looking for one.
    Please help me

Hello

I got my Work Permit, OPTIONAL PRACTICAL TRAINING( valid till december 2003).
    Then I went for special registration and the officer gave me NTA cos he told me I dont have a JOb yet and he siad I must have JOB before I apply for OPT, but I told him this is not the case , but he was so hard on me that He issued NTA,its been 4 months now Nad I never get any court date yet, on My NTA he wrote DID NOT FULFILL THE REQUIREMNET OF OPTIOANL PRACTICAL TRAINING.
    Now when My lawyer talked to him, He said he did not issued me NTA cos I was without job, He issued it beause during registration, I told him I was working volutrey for someone so I dont have to pay rent for my palce, and as far as I know, I never said anythign liek that, I just told him, I am staying with a freind and he is not taking rent from me,
    Anyway, when i will go to court, how will he prove that I said something, which I didnt not,
    will Judge cancal my NTA cos i have every proof (INA Regulations) that I can even stay here withoiut a job as long as I looking for one.
    Please help me

Comment

The officer was either totally ignorant, or was simply abusing his power.

First. OPT does not require you have a job first. So you don't need to worry about that. Second, if you ever receive a court date, focus on the allegation he stated, that is, you were working illegally in exchange of housing. This allegation can easily be defeated but be prepared.

The fact that you have not received a court date is probably an indication of the ridiculousness of the charge.

Comment

Many students continue to work with their Social Security number that has written in it "Valid For Work Only With INS Authorization" even after the Immigration's Employment Authorization document (EAD) has expired ever since. When they're hired for instance, by a particular employer they were okay (they WERE legally allowed to work,) but after a year or so, they lose the ability to work with INS permission (EAD expires) -- yet they may not be terminated because the employer forgets to check the work status year after year. When they do they're fired, most of the time (but not always.)

Comment

ha!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs