Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-751 Question! Please help

Hi, Can someone please help me out! I am stuck here na di kindly need help. My story is as follows!
    Meet wife in 98
    Married in 2000 and filed AOS same year
    1st interview 2001
    2nd interview 2002 (Needed more evidence) and was approved a condtional G.Card but i was two weeks shy of being married more than two years! Adjuster asked if we could wait for two more weeks so that i could get 10 year PR. but waiting was not a friend of mine anymore so i decided to get a two year one
    2003- separate with Wife ( Hopefully things will work out since i still Love her)
    Question!
    if we decide to divorce later on and divorce is not final until after next year (April) what should i do? I need to file Removal of condtion by April of next year?
    Also if divorce now, should i send in the removal of condtion before the due date which is next year?
    Thank you for tyour kind help!
    Mik 75

Hi, Can someone please help me out! I am stuck here na di kindly need help. My story is as follows!
    Meet wife in 98
    Married in 2000 and filed AOS same year
    1st interview 2001
    2nd interview 2002 (Needed more evidence) and was approved a condtional G.Card but i was two weeks shy of being married more than two years! Adjuster asked if we could wait for two more weeks so that i could get 10 year PR. but waiting was not a friend of mine anymore so i decided to get a two year one
    2003- separate with Wife ( Hopefully things will work out since i still Love her)
    Question!
    if we decide to divorce later on and divorce is not final until after next year (April) what should i do? I need to file Removal of condtion by April of next year?
    Also if divorce now, should i send in the removal of condtion before the due date which is next year?
    Thank you for tyour kind help!
    Mik 75

Comment

If you are divorced then you can not remove conditions on your GC and you will be illegal here. As you said, you still love your spouse then try to make mends.
      Good luck.

Comment

Usually you need to file within 90 days of when your GC expires.

On the BCIS website, it says that if you are no longer married, you can file at any time.

I would ask your local BCIS to make sure.

http://www.immigration.gov/graphics/howdoi/remcond.htm

www.immigrate2us.net

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs