Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atlanta Georgia GC PROCESSING TIMES??..ALL PLEASE ASSIST!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlanta Georgia GC PROCESSING TIMES??..ALL PLEASE ASSIST!!

My wife and I recently got married and have filed our papers through a lawyer. I have been out of status for several years that our lawyer suggested not to apply/travel on Advanced Parole which makes sense as he seems like a good lawyer and attentive to our concerns.

However, in order for me to travel he said I need a Green card for which processing times are taking as long as 3 YEARS!! only after that I can travel oveseas safely. Is that correct regarding processing times? I mean, is it REALLY TAKING 3 yrs in ATLANTA, GEORGIA areas to get your first marriage interview of a green card? I have heard in other states its barely taking 6 months to get you interviews and temporary green card why would it take 3 yrs in Georgia? Is there any way to expedite this?

Anyone can help would be great. Thanks and God Bless.

My wife and I recently got married and have filed our papers through a lawyer. I have been out of status for several years that our lawyer suggested not to apply/travel on Advanced Parole which makes sense as he seems like a good lawyer and attentive to our concerns.

However, in order for me to travel he said I need a Green card for which processing times are taking as long as 3 YEARS!! only after that I can travel oveseas safely. Is that correct regarding processing times? I mean, is it REALLY TAKING 3 yrs in ATLANTA, GEORGIA areas to get your first marriage interview of a green card? I have heard in other states its barely taking 6 months to get you interviews and temporary green card why would it take 3 yrs in Georgia? Is there any way to expedite this?

Anyone can help would be great. Thanks and God Bless.

Comment

GO TO http://communities.msn.com/texasimmigration
      YES IT CAN TAKE A LONG TIME
      THEY HAVE A TRACKER YOU CAN FIND OUT HOW LONG IT IS GOING TO TAKE
      GOOD LUCK

Comment

Thanks for the link but HOW do I find out via that site how long for GC in Atlanta area? I am new to all this so appreciate your input and assitance.

IF ANYONE else has any experience in the processing time for GC, especially via ATLANTA GEORGIA, area I would love to hear your response.

Once again thank you all.

Comment

1 thing i can say to u is that Atlanta is the worst place when it goes to immigration.First of all the ins there is so complicated .I myself lived in georgia for 7 years filed there , took me 120 days before i even heard from them for the first time without even no work permit. SO i moved to Washington state and there , things got better got my case transfered and a 6 weeks after i received my Green card without having to go through an interview.
          Georgia ***** Big time too many racists at the INS office in downtown.

Comment

Georgia falls under Texas Service Center, notorious for very slow and inefficient among the four service centers.There is nothing you can do at this point except to wait.3 years is a very very conservative estimate from ytour lawyer.my best guess is ,given your situation, 4.5 to 6 years.

Comment

Actually ...its right between 4 and 5 years. Georgia really does suck and i know lots of people that have filled since 1999 and havent even heard from them yet ..Just last week my cousin told me they wrote him for his interview and he actualy mailed in his application right in september 98 ....
              But one thing i want you to know is dont give up hope because life is very surprising what may not work for others can work for you and if you are lucky you'll get it sooner . So keep faith and good luck

Comment

Thank you all for your inputs thus far.

Let me ask you this, can it not be filed through another location or must it be Atlanta? Also, one of the replies mentioned he "didn't even have to go to the interview in Washginton" HOW does that happen? Do you guys know ANYONE who has gone through Atlanta office and actually got everthing done in time? If so, please please let me know or are ALL taking LONG time in ATL center.

If you guys have any advice or anything that I can use to expedite this, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks again

Comment

http://members.aol.com/MDUdall/instimes.htm

This tells you how long all the service centers take. The Arizona INS also takes 3 years. They are also slow ignorant immigrant haters. Texas and Arizona are the worst.

Comment

It is understandable that these 2 states are at proximity to mexico.A great number of petitions,if not oversubscribed petitions are done on Texas Service center, are coming from this country.Unfortunately, if your state falls under Texas this would further cause your frustration.

Comment

The INS should centralize all applications and even out the time nationwide.

If I lived in Boston, I would have my GC in 3 months, would wait 3 years for Naturalization filing and in less that a total of 4 years be a citizen. This would be eligible for all the social/retirement benifits that I have been paying towards. I live in AZ, due to various legal factors, I have been waiting for a GC for 8 years. Still no sign. It will still take at least another 4-5 years to get citizenship. Our local senator HATES UNDERLINED all immigrants even visitors by the sounds of things. He states that 9/11 occurred because so many immigrants are in adjusting status, like its our fault. He does nothing to speed the INS up, but looks to turn in immigrants. Anyone can see that the Labor based adjustments only take 6 months, they are centralized in 4 locations.

Comment

According to http://members.aol.com/MDUdall/instimes.htm, the Atlanta processing times are about 1 and half years to 2. Is that about correct? Also, does anyone have had PERSONAL experience with the atlanta center? Or relatives/friends experience?

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs