Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Marrage advice VISA

Hi, I am due to marry my american fiance early next year. I am English and was wondering the best way to come into the country to marry. A visa waver or a B2 visitors visa. Which is easy to change over to spouce of an american citizen, and also when I apply for a work visa which is better....help, I don't want to be deported, I love my Fiance and want to be with him....any advice?

Hi, I am due to marry my american fiance early next year. I am English and was wondering the best way to come into the country to marry. A visa waver or a B2 visitors visa. Which is easy to change over to spouce of an american citizen, and also when I apply for a work visa which is better....help, I don't want to be deported, I love my Fiance and want to be with him....any advice?

Comment

I would say to file a fiance petition. It's the legal way and they aren't taking too long. Legally, you are not supposed to come here as a visitor with an intent to marry a USC.

Gabriel D. Jack, Esq.
      gjack@mj-law.com

Comment

any ideas on Fiance status visa time? I need to be there by feb

Comment

Total time to entry depends in part on the consulate you use. Feb is unlikely. However you cannot adjust from a visa waiver, and adjusting soon after entry with a B2 is dangerous because they will suspect immigrant intent when you entered (and they will be correct).

Comment

If someone comes in on a visa waver or B2 and marrys 60 days+ after entry is that a problem? and which is better a B2 or waver?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation