Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internship's

I am a candadian Resident ( Soon to be citizen as of July 2003). I have a UK citizenship.

My Fiance is Philipino Citizen and living in US. He immigrated with his family in 93. His family are now applicable to become US Citizens. However, HE can not because he was over 21 when they immigrated.
    He is ment to be in Philipines waiting for his VISA to be processed- But, he is still in US , attended universtiy and became a Lawyer in California, practicing out of his own office.

That leaves us with ....
    We have several options:

I sponsor him to Canada: Therefore he leaves US and can not return for at least 10 years.
    I get employment in US (VERY hard to do!!)and or / School ( but as always... $$ comes into play- I dont have any to play with!!)
    Or.. I get an internship..and hope I can get a job after it is complete.(Web/Graphic design)

Whats the best way in your view? I'd appriciate some simple legal guidance and insight.
    If the internship is a good idea..know of anywhere I can find a good site with listings?

Many thanks in Advance

I am a candadian Resident ( Soon to be citizen as of July 2003). I have a UK citizenship.

My Fiance is Philipino Citizen and living in US. He immigrated with his family in 93. His family are now applicable to become US Citizens. However, HE can not because he was over 21 when they immigrated.
    He is ment to be in Philipines waiting for his VISA to be processed- But, he is still in US , attended universtiy and became a Lawyer in California, practicing out of his own office.

That leaves us with ....
    We have several options:

I sponsor him to Canada: Therefore he leaves US and can not return for at least 10 years.
    I get employment in US (VERY hard to do!!)and or / School ( but as always... $$ comes into play- I dont have any to play with!!)
    Or.. I get an internship..and hope I can get a job after it is complete.(Web/Graphic design)

Whats the best way in your view? I'd appriciate some simple legal guidance and insight.
    If the internship is a good idea..know of anywhere I can find a good site with listings?

Many thanks in Advance

Comment

To Kiwi:
      You said your fiance is Attorney in California and practicing Law from his own office. If he can not handle his own case and come out with a stragety to solve this, then how he will do legal work for others.
      I am sorry about your situation because it looks like you will have to sacrifice to leave Canada to live with him in the United States.
      Good luck.

Comment

Guest -X,

He does not practice in immigration. His main area of practice and knowledge (and experience AND SUCESSFUL track record) are Business Litigation and therefore can not expect the best in such an immigration case, He and I would happier knowing we hired someone who spends their days and nights working on immigration Law.

I am flexible to move where ever I have to

Comment

CONTINUING:

Can anyone offer some advice with respect to the earlier options posed.

What are the pros/cons that people have experienced?

Thank you

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed