X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RADDA
    replied
    my wife filed i-130 for me last year(april, i believe) , and she is a greencard holder but she just filed for naturalization. she just took her fingerprint and i believe the processing of naturalization takes up to 360days now in NY. so i am guessing within 10 months or so , if everything goes well..(hope to god it will)...i can upgrade my case.

what i think they mean by 150-999 days is that they will let you know if your i-130 will be approved or not. its not sure that after the 999 days you will get your greencard, it can still be denied. and i guess it could take less then 999 days too ( depends what state you in), but if the 999 days exceed , i think you could call them up or something.

i read on immigration.com that a lot of people are complaining about the fact that it takes so long for spouses/children of GC holders to get a visa, so people are writing there congressman and they already introduced a bill(hr 539) ...lets just wait and see what happens.

http://econstituent.votenet.com/(mpvvaq55hfklnf55l3mypy55)/index.aspx/immigration/letterwriting.aspx?issueid=135&takeaction=1

copy and paste the website above and vote for that bill.

Leave a comment:

• Mandy
    replied
    Radda, since how long have been waiting after your I130 was filed?

Leave a comment:

• Mandy
    replied
    Thanks Radda and ghost for your replies.
    But I still don't understand what happens betweeen 150-999 days, what is the purpose of those numbers, does the I-130 gets approved at the end of 999 days? Please help me getting an accurate answer guys, bcos I am not eligible to become a citizen until 2005 so there is no question of upgrading my spouses petition at all. I will wait for your replies.

Thanks,

Mandy

Leave a comment:

• Ghost
    replied
    Ohhh if petitioner is GC holder it takes that much, holly cow..Thanks for the update ma'am. Kinda ridiculous , I mean they got married so I don't understand the double standard.

Leave a comment:

• RADDA
    replied
    to ghost
    60 days? for what? in what state is that??.. i think what mandy means is , how long does it take to process the i-130 when the petitioner is a greencard holder. from the moment you apply for the i-130 to exactly getting your greencard takes for sure 5 to 6 years, if your petitioner doesnt become a usc.

Leave a comment:

• Ghost
    replied
    As far as I know if you're a USC, it should take at most 60 days. I know people who have filed it and approved the same day. If i understand well you file at the counter with the I-485, G-325A and I-864. I don't understand the 360-999 days thing.

Leave a comment:

• RADDA
    replied
    you are right... it does take about 5 or 6 years. i am in the same situation. my wife who is a greencard holder petitioned i-130 for me and after petitioning for me they send us a letter saying we have to wait between 150- and 999 days. But my wife just applied for citizenship and she just took her fingerprints. So as soon as she become a citizen she will upgrade the i-130 and as soon as the vermont center sends the file to our local office i can file for the i-485 , my working permit etc.

maybe they understood you wrong, maybe they thought that your petitioner was a usc.

or maybe it just means that they are speeding up the kind of cases...hope so.

Leave a comment:

• Mandy
    replied
    The petitioner is an LPR.

Leave a comment:

• RADDA
    replied
    hey mandy

is the petitioner a citizen or lpr?

Leave a comment:

• Mandy
    replied
    Guys I am back again for your expert advice, plz do me a favor by answering to my question, it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mandy

Leave a comment:

• Mandy
    replied
    Sammy, Mohan, Lord, I need replies. Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• Mandy
    replied
    Hi All,

I was told at the Vermont service center that the I-130 processing will speed up in a couple of months, so I called them up today to check the status of my I130 petition filed in Nov of 2001.
    I was told that it will take another 9 months to get this kind of petition approved, and also that my spouse could change his status once the petition gets approved. This suprises me because as far as I know it takes 5 yrs for processing, and thats what I was told by lawyers and several others.
    What do you guys think, is this information correct? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mandy

Leave a comment:

• Mandy
    started a topic I-130 approval

I-130 approval

Hi All,

I was told at the Vermont service center that the I-130 processing will speed up in a couple of months, so I called them up today to check the status of my I130 petition filed in Nov of 2001.
    I was told that it will take another 9 months to get this kind of petition approved, and also that my spouse could change his status once the petition gets approved. This suprises me because as far as I know it takes 5 yrs for processing, and thats what I was told by lawyers and several others.
    What do you guys think, is this information correct? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mandy
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed