Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marriage based green card and separation.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage based green card and separation.

Hi,
    I have a GC that is only valid for two years. It will expire next fall but I have to reapply for the permanent one in April of next year, I believe. My green card is marriage based, my hubby is US citizen. The problem is that we've been having some relationship problems lately. Niether of us wants to divorse but we have talked about separating for a few months, while we stay married. Just to work out our problems.
    I was wondering if this will cause me not to get my permanent GC. When you reapply do you have to go to another interview or what info will they want?
    PLease answer, I really need advise.

I also have another question. Just hypothetical, if I met another man and started a new realtionship with him before I get my permanent GC will this cause me to get deported since I'm not with the original man?
    If anybody has any experience on this subject please answer.
    Thank You,
    Jimbi

Hi,
    I have a GC that is only valid for two years. It will expire next fall but I have to reapply for the permanent one in April of next year, I believe. My green card is marriage based, my hubby is US citizen. The problem is that we've been having some relationship problems lately. Niether of us wants to divorse but we have talked about separating for a few months, while we stay married. Just to work out our problems.
    I was wondering if this will cause me not to get my permanent GC. When you reapply do you have to go to another interview or what info will they want?
    PLease answer, I really need advise.

I also have another question. Just hypothetical, if I met another man and started a new realtionship with him before I get my permanent GC will this cause me to get deported since I'm not with the original man?
    If anybody has any experience on this subject please answer.
    Thank You,
    Jimbi

Comment

Isn't it too early to start looking for another man?

Comment

If you came here on a K visa then yes you will get deported.

Comment

Try and stay married at least until you have jointly filed for a removal of the conditions on your 2-year Green Card. Talk to your husband and see if he would jointly file for this removal of conditions with you, within the 90 day period before expiration of your present status. And yes, you might have to attend another joint interview for the removal of conditions on your permanent residence. During this interview, you must prove the Bona Fides of your marriage all over again.*****! But that's the way the INS works. Hope this helps.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation