Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• illegal immigrant

Can someone please tell me is there any way someone that is here illegally can get legal without having to go back to the country that they are from. There are no papers! This person is here illegally but wants to make it right. Any suggestions? Thank You!

Can someone please tell me is there any way someone that is here illegally can get legal without having to go back to the country that they are from. There are no papers! This person is here illegally but wants to make it right. Any suggestions? Thank You!

Comment

if he/she entered legally with a visa, then his/her illegal presense here is forgiven if married to USC.

Comment

she/he entered on a 6 month travel visa and never went back. Not married to a usc but came with spouse and child and has a child that since they have been here was born in the us. Is there anything they can do to get legal?
        Thank You.

Comment

no.

Comment

sure they can. divorce and marry someone else in the US.

Or wait til Bush's little amnesty program.

Or if really desperate. Create some jobs on my tribe's reservation. Become a doctor and provide much needed services or aid. You do that, without it being a thinly veiled GC attempt -- and i can guarantee you we can make some calls and get you legal.

Other than that. Time to immigrate to another country. UK, Canada, Mexico -- you name it.

-= nav =-

Comment

These people want to go about this the right way they certainly dont want to divorce and remarry tho they know this is an option. I mean they have a us citizen born to them doesnt that count for anything? The other child does not even speak the language of the country he was born in. What would they do send everyone back except the 6 year old? Or would they all have to go back and then neither child can speak the language. Is there some kind of provision or program or something that can offer them a way to become legal here? There has to be a way what are these people to do? Can anyone help or suggest?

Comment

i guess they have to wait till that 6 year old child turns 18 then he/she can file a petition for his/her parents.

Comment

Thank you all for your responses. I just thought since they have some conditions like lotteries, some types of employment, marrying a usc, etc I thought there might be other avenues that could be used. Its just hard to believe these people have no where to turn to become legal.

Comment

Bronze Lady, I was just wondering do u know half the stuff you're talking about?

Comment

To Boritos

Bronze lady has "forgotten" more about immigration than most of the people on this board will ever know.

Should change her name to "Diamond Girl". This board is lucky to have her drop in.

Comment

THIS IS A SAD STORY, UNFORTUNATELLY THERE IS NOTHING THAT SAYS BECAUSE YOUR CHILDREN ARE BORN IN THE U.S YOU, AS THE PARENT,CAN STAY HERE. THERE IS NOTHING AS FAMILY UNITY IN THIS TYPE OF SITUATION. I'M A GC HOLDER, MY HUSBAND HAD APPLIED FOR P.ASSYLUM IT WAS LATER DENIED. HE GOT VOLUNTARY DEPARTURE, LEFT TO OUR COUNTRY OF ORIGEN TO AWAIT CONSULAR PROCESSING. MY TWO CHILDREN(2 AND 6) WERE NOT ENOUGH REASON, FOR THE JUDGE, TO ALLOW MY HUSBAND TO STAY. AND IN ORDER, TO NOT JEOPARDIZE HIS FUTURE VISA HE LEFT. WE ARE STILL WAITING.

Comment

Someone12,
                          There you go again. These people were looking for advice (answers to their questions) not your criticism. If you don't have something good to say... then rather say nothing at all.

Joper,
                          I am sorry to hear your story. Stories like these make me understand why some decide to stay illegal here. Hope that you will soon see you husband again.

[This message was edited by Debman on January 26, 2004 at 03:36 PM.]

Comment

Ditto!!!

Comment

keep something in mind:

There is an ENDLESS SUPPLY of people who want to come our country.

It's immigration's job to KEEP OUT AS MANY PEOPLE as possible!!! INS folks are not trained on finding the best way to allow a person to come in. It's the opposite. If there's 900 reasons to let the guy in, but 1 reason not to -- he/she is DENIED admission.

It doesn't hurt this country at all. Cuz we already HAVE 9 million illegals already. We got more than enough "immigration" to last us for a LOOONNNGGGG time.

-= nav =-

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed