Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2-year home residency

I came to US as a student with a J-1 visa in 1997. I got married last year. My wife is a US citizen. However, when my lawyer was filing papers for status adjustment he did not get a waiver for the 2-year home residency requirement on my J-1 Visa. The papers to obtain such waiver are in process. However, I have recently received a response from INS with an appointment to have my fingerprints taken. Will I be able to submit this waiver during this case or do I have to file papers again?

I came to US as a student with a J-1 visa in 1997. I got married last year. My wife is a US citizen. However, when my lawyer was filing papers for status adjustment he did not get a waiver for the 2-year home residency requirement on my J-1 Visa. The papers to obtain such waiver are in process. However, I have recently received a response from INS with an appointment to have my fingerprints taken. Will I be able to submit this waiver during this case or do I have to file papers again?

Comment

The waiver can be filed anytime but it should be before the case approval.

Comment

Some info for you
        http://www.mdgreencard.com/j1_waiver.html

Comment

To Mohan

What is considered the case approval? Waiver has been already filed; I have a response from WO. I am just not sure, if I have refile my papers, or I will be able to use this waiver in my current case. If I can use this waiver, should I have it during fingerprints appointment or interview itself?

Thanks

Comment

to afriend

Thanks!

Comment

Waiver should be filed before Interview/aproval. You can use this waiver in your current case as you still have to go to the process of security check(After finger printing) and Interview.

Comment

Thanks a lot!!

Comment

in case you'll be granted a waiver...

Comment

me and my husband just got married 2 weeks ago he is here illegally and i just found out im 7 weeks pregnant will they make him go back to his country before he can become a citizen. is there something i can file to insure he stays?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation