i-130 for parents and sister under 21!?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i-130 for parents and sister under 21!?

Okay, petitioning for the parent is no big deal, since they are in the immediate category.

however, my wife who is now a citizen also has two sisters one 15 and one 22.

If we petition the parents and they come, will the 15 year old get a visa at the same time!? Surely, a minor would be permitted?
    Yes, No?

Steve

Okay, petitioning for the parent is no big deal, since they are in the immediate category.

however, my wife who is now a citizen also has two sisters one 15 and one 22.

If we petition the parents and they come, will the 15 year old get a visa at the same time!? Surely, a minor would be permitted?
    Yes, No?

Steve

Comment

Your wife can petition her sisters in the fourth preference category and the one age 15 cannot be considered minor since she is not your wife's daughter.
      The shorter way in this process of possible petition is for you to file petition for your inlaws and once they become immigrants or GC holders they can petition her as she maybe subject to the new law on Child Status Protection assuming you can get early approval.However, in doing this the one who is age 22 can no longer avail of the new law, hence your USC wife can continue filing for her in the fourth preference.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation