Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview videotaped/ Please Mohan/Pasha or anyone else your comment

Hello, If Mohan or anyone else can help with the foolwing.
    I am having an interview soon and on the notice they said it is going to be videotaped.
    Anyone with experience like that please help.
    thank you.

Hello, If Mohan or anyone else can help with the foolwing.
    I am having an interview soon and on the notice they said it is going to be videotaped.
    Anyone with experience like that please help.
    thank you.

Comment

Hi hopeful,

Yeah they do videotaping of interview... but u don't need to worry about it...they do only to find fraud for immigration purpose ... I had my interview for DCF at New Delhi ( India) but didn't see any video camera ...may be that could be hidden or something like that...but I didn't even realize ... but I read lot of similar posts like this on this and other board ...and there is nothing much to worry abt it...Wish u all the best for ur interview...Pasha

Comment

thank you Pasha for your prompt reply.
        A friend of mine had received his interview notice a couple of years ago and they did not mentioned videotaped on the letter. So, I presume they do not videotape evryone else and not all the interview letter mention interview will be videotaped.

thanks again.

Comment

Yep... that's what I read too from different sources...they don't do videotaping for everyone...just in suspicious and complicated cases only .... Have a good night...Pasha

Comment

all the court cases are recorded and record generated, only random cases are videotaped, no need to worry, concentrate of proceedings, not what was generated.
            Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Comment

Our I-130 interview was taped because our case was in the marriage fraud unit. We knew it was being taped because the officer was setting up the camera at the beginning of the interview. There was nothing secret about it! So based on our experience, you will know if you are being taped.

WB

Comment

Thank you wb for your reply.

I know they will videotape us because it's mentioned in the letter interview.
                Did they interview you separately though or toghether ??

Thanks

Comment

thanks for your post bw
                  they did tell us in the interview letter that we will be videotaped.
                  did they interview u separately or toghether ?

TKS

Comment

We were interviewed separately.

Actually, the video tape was to our advantage. While I was being interviewed, there was a discussion regarding the house that we own and rent to my sister and the amounts of the mortgage, rent, etc. I had mentioned that we had recently reduced my sisters rent by $200. However, when she interviewed my husband, she asked him if the mortgage payment had been reduced. Of course he answered no because the mortage payment remains unchanged. When I was brought back in, she asked my to explain the discrepency in our answers, at which time our attorney pointed out that she had asked the wrong question of my husband. She reviewed the tape and realized her mistake!

WB

Comment

At our AOS interview we were videotaped too, but nothing was mentioned on the interview letter. Actually the video camera was running while the officer was asking questions, then he left for a while and we didn't know why he was gone, but he was out of the cubicle for at elast five minutes.When he returned he ha a file in his hand, like that is what he had left for, but it was the same file he carried out of the office. I think they look at the video to see if while officer is not present in the room,if parties discuss anything or exchange information on what was asked and why.

Comment

I was videotaped at our I-130 interview. We also had allegations made against us that our marriage was a fraud. I was the only one interviewed as my husband was out of the country. I think since he was out of the country, they will refer back to it for any later interviews. There was nothing on the interview notice that it was going to be videotaped.

Comment

Our interview notice said that the interview might be videotaped

Comment

juliep,

That is interesting. I hadn't heard of interviews before where the spouse was absent. Were you approved?

Comment

thank you all for your reply...
                              I just wanted to make sure that it doesn't say on each interview notice that interview will be videtaped...my lawyer says it does say so on each one but some get videotaped others no...

thanks again

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed