Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question Regarding Social Security Number

I have a question regarding SSNs. I heard that it is going to take a month for my local SSN office to process applications for new SSNs, but do I have to wait until I receive the social security card in order to start working, or can I somehow figure out the number before the card actually arrives and start working? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I have a question regarding SSNs. I heard that it is going to take a month for my local SSN office to process applications for new SSNs, but do I have to wait until I receive the social security card in order to start working, or can I somehow figure out the number before the card actually arrives and start working? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Dolphy,
      I don't know in your case but I got my SS card 3 days before the said date of 2 weeks. If your name is in in their system already, I'm talking about myself because I had an EAD and the lady who issued me a reciept told me that I should be there in a month time because INS might not forward my name yet and it's not going to be in thier system but luckily I was in thier system already. SS will issue a reciept and you can show it to your prospective employer esp. the one who file your I-130 if you're in a employment based and wants to work. Rather than that, it is better to apply now and wait for your card on the mail.It won't take a month.

Comment

You can phone and find out the number before the card is actually issued. I don't know the number anymore but it was easy to find.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation