Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marry my girlfriend but live with our parents or families until we are both financialy good

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marry my girlfriend but live with our parents or families until we are both financialy good

Hi,

I came with a B-2 Visa and been here for 1 1/2 year. I been I'm out of legal status cause I overstay. My girlfriend is a US citizen. If she marry me to adjust my status how can we go about that but don't live together like until 2 years so we can save some and don't have it hard?

What I need to do and how? Which proves I need concerning our relationship before marriage and after? Any good information our advise is accepted.

Thanks.

Hi,

I came with a B-2 Visa and been here for 1 1/2 year. I been I'm out of legal status cause I overstay. My girlfriend is a US citizen. If she marry me to adjust my status how can we go about that but don't live together like until 2 years so we can save some and don't have it hard?

What I need to do and how? Which proves I need concerning our relationship before marriage and after? Any good information our advise is accepted.

Thanks.

Comment

I dont think you can do that because I heared that the INS is watching after you married to make sure that it not a fixed married.

Comment

so what you advise on this if we are in love but don't want to have it hard. what about if we get married and file for my adjustment and wait a while so I can get on my feets.

Comment

She don't have a great high paying job and she has a daughter and still living at her parents house, and trying to make it thru the bills and education. That is why we want to know what we can do without having to move together with no good financial income?

Comment

I don't know for sure whether or not it is possible for the INS to see if you really live together, but for the sake of the marriage I definitely recommend it. Where do you live now? Can she move in with you? Can the two of you find a cheap apartment and get a roommate while you are waiting to get back on your feet? If she is studying student loans should be available....

Good Luck!

Comment

I appreciate that positive advise.

Comment

Why don't you live with her parents? That's what we did for a while. We lived with his parents until after the interview.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation