Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just had an AOS interview, but have to wait for FBI & backgroung check. HOW LONG IT TAKES?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just had an AOS interview, but have to wait for FBI & backgroung check. HOW LONG IT TAKES?

To all of you who still waiting for their AOS interviews, DON'T WORRY!!! It was a very pleasant experience. We were even laughing there. The officer was a very nice gentleman.
    MY QUESTION IS: If somebody had an experience/knows how long it takes after the interview for INS to get my FBI & background check results, as they were not ready yet. We were given a paper saying it should take up to 90 days, but I can't wait to get my passport stamped.
    Any answers are welcome!!!

To all of you who still waiting for their AOS interviews, DON'T WORRY!!! It was a very pleasant experience. We were even laughing there. The officer was a very nice gentleman.
    MY QUESTION IS: If somebody had an experience/knows how long it takes after the interview for INS to get my FBI & background check results, as they were not ready yet. We were given a paper saying it should take up to 90 days, but I can't wait to get my passport stamped.
    Any answers are welcome!!!

Comment

I just had my AOS interview as well and waiting for my security checks to be completed. I was not given a timeframe. Once you receive your approval, please let us know. I will do the same. Take Care

Comment

Well I thought after the interview for AOS the officer will stamp your passport? Thats why they have the finger print done before the interview.

Thanks

Comment

Hmmm, I thought there was a newer fingerprint analysis system in the US that worked within just a few hours, but I must be mistaken.

We had ours done overseas, they told us it would take about 3-4 months for the results, but it only took about 2. I would expect (and hope) that it takes less time from the USA.

Good luck to you!

Comment

I had my aos interview on Feb 26. INS did not stamp my passport as they were waiting on an FBI check butgot verbla approval.Received notice on 3/20 that I could go to get my passport stamped.
            Just received an immigration document stating that my gc (conditional) will come in the next 3 weeks...end of April.
            Hope this helps

Comment

where was your interview?

Comment

i got fingerprinted only one day before my interview.i had my aos interview in dec 2002 and i still havent got any reply fron them. officer told me that she cant approve or deny my application.she told us that she has to send it to somewhere else since a new law after 9/11. she wrote down the whole question and answer part of the interview on my I-485 application itself.even the description of minor traffic tickets i had. i asked her if it was approved or denied on her behalf and she said "i dont know and it doesnt matter", and that i have to wait for the letter.i asked her how long do i have to wait and she said "who knows". she was basically very nice but straight forward. i think she was unhappy with losing her power to decide the result. i am really frustrated myself cuz its been 4months and still no answer. please update this thread with more information.

Comment

romy my husband and I had our interview 10 motnhs ago. the officer asked for more docuemnts which we sent soon. but we have not heard from them since then. I you are worried about your case an honest lawyer will be able to do an status inquiry on your case. that is what we did one week ago and he is supposed to have an answer within one week. INS usually just ask you to wait if you yourself do the status inquiry.

Comment

Its ur wrong idea that lawyer can do to expedite the process. I assure u that ur lawyer will only charge u money and tell u that he has checked it and the case is still under process. He will advise u to wait & see. This what happend to a friend of mine. I advised him not to waste his money but he paid $500.00 just to get the advise from his lawyer to wait & see.

Comment

hi folks
                      i had a good lawyer and he did very good job. the delay is only on ins's behalf. i talked to him few days ago and he told me to wait patiently and let the process run smooth. he told me excess of inquiries will only piss them off.and he told me the good part of it which is that when the print the green card, they look the age of ur marriage. if it is older than 2 yrs they print unconditional green card, and if it is even a day less than 2 yrs old they print conditional one which expires in 2 yrs. and with that you have to apply for removalof conditions on it after two yrs. and a possible another interview(90% chances). So its better off waiting. and in the mean while if you have to travel out of country you can apply for the advance parole which takes a month or so to get it. good luck to you all...
                      thanx

Comment

hey, guys. Does anybody have some updates? It's almost 4 months since our AOS interview, but still have no reply. The interview went good, really, but my FBI checkup was not completed, and the officer issued us a paper, saying to wait for 90 days untill they get my FBI check results. Is there a way to find out if they already have them? If there any 800 number to call to FBI and ask if they send the results to the INS yet?THANKS TO YOU ALL!

Comment

Where do you live, me?

Comment

I had my fingerprints were taken in late January and an interview in late March. I received an approval letter on April 18th after the background checks were complete. It took about a month after the interview date and four months after the fingerprints date. I hope this helps.

Comment

I HAVE JUST RECEIVED A PAPER SAYING THAT I WAS GRANTED PERMANENT RESIDENCY. AOS based on marriage to the USC was filed on July 18, 2002. Fingerprinted in Febr. 2003. Interview was on April 2, 2003(went good. But my FBI check was not completed and we did not get a stamp in the passport at that time). Now, June 27, 2003, I've recieved a letter from INS saying that I'm granted permanent resident alien status, and my Green Card will be mailed to me within a year. Now I can go and get my passport stamped. I hope this info will help to somebody. GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation