X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to put together my forms

Hello guys

Can someone share their experience on how to file your paperwork? i mean..i have read the general tips for filing and to me they want to have it their bullshit way of putting it all together??? such as ACCO fasteners? what the hell is that? no paper clips?what kind of folder shall i put it in?
    Anyone who have filed their own stuff, can you tell me how they want it to look like??

help would be greatly appreciate it.

god bless you all

peace and love xx

Hello guys

Can someone share their experience on how to file your paperwork? i mean..i have read the general tips for filing and to me they want to have it their bullshit way of putting it all together??? such as ACCO fasteners? what the hell is that? no paper clips?what kind of folder shall i put it in?
    Anyone who have filed their own stuff, can you tell me how they want it to look like??

help would be greatly appreciate it.

god bless you all

peace and love xx

Comment

Ha ha--I called the INS to ask what those are, and two officials laughed saying that they've been wondering the same thing (why didn't they find out????) oh well. I went to Staples (where you can buy like 200 fasteners...) and asked the guy making copies for one, which he gave me. Those are just the fasteners which go at the top of a law file, with the two holes. I used one, made sure everything was in the order they said, all documentation, etc. I used little post its on the bottom to label all the parts and made sure my check was on top in plain sight. Someone told me it looked professional...

Comment

OK...so now i know what ACCO fasteners are...i looked it up on staples online lol

Still need some help??? how to get it all organised..any suggestions?????

Comment

I just put all the papers together with the check and photos on the top...they'll sort it out

Make photocopies of everything before you send it out. Don't send originals either...

Comment

Hello
            Follow the site ok

https://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/f...al/index.htm#H

Comment

yeh im in the same situation too....what kind of envelope do they want it in? the ins site doesnt give much infomation about that...also..im wondering,if i made a mistake with my forms and they send it back to me to rectify the problems, will they charge me the fee again?

This is so stressful...i wish now i had hire a lawyer to take care of it!!

Comment

Can someone pls answer my question? im in dire need of help????

Comment

We filed my husbands paperwork last fall and have received our receipt, had his fingerprints taken, and received his EAD.....so I guess we filed everything "correctly".

Anyway, we used one of the folders you can find at an office supply store that has a metal band that holds two hole punched (holes on top of paper) paper. We two hole punched everything that we sent in and put it in this folder with five dividers. We put different INS forms in different sections of the folder, and used the last section of the folder to put background info (birth certificates, etc.)

We labeled every document (not every section of the folder.....every single document) in the folder with a colored "tab" that indicated what document was there. We put the tabs on the bottom of the pages.

We put the INS forms first and in one last section of the folder we put all the accompanying documentation like copies of birth certificates, etc.

We clipped all of the checks to the front of the package. We made out seperate checks for fingerprinting, the EAD, and the other INS forms. We had heard that if there was a problem with one document that they'd send the whole package back if there was only one check covering the entire package. Don't know if this is really true or not....

I'm not sure there is a right way and wrong way to do all this.....but I was nervous as you are when we sent this in. We just made it as clear as possible what was in the folder without the person opening it have to do any work at all.

Good luck. You can do this yourself. We contacted a lawyer since it seemed so overwhelming......he wanted something like $3000. It is crazy since this stuff is really pretty easy to fill out, just takes time.

Kat

Comment

Did you fill in the forms with a pen or did you type them?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation