Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ignore the last one. For help: H1B visa not stamped at the consulate!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignore the last one. For help: H1B visa not stamped at the consulate!

Dear all,
    I am a non-EU citizen currently living in an EU country. I recently went to a US consulate with theI-797 to get my visastamped. But I failed to get it.
    Before the interview, a lady, who collected forms, fees, etc, gave me a note beginning with: your visa application needs several weeks to process .... Please answer the following questions....
    After I answered the questions and hand in them to the lady, she gave me another note beginning with: In order to continue processing your application, we need a soft copy of your CV, list of publications, ..., sent to us by email....
    The interview lasted less than 30 seconds: how long are you going to stay? where is your wife? do you have children?
    After the interview, they told me they need more information from the states to make a decision.

NOW MY QUESTIONS ARE:
    Is this a normal/new procedure, and what is it?
    How long I should wait?

Thanks!

PS. pls ignore the last post of mine.

Dear all,
    I am a non-EU citizen currently living in an EU country. I recently went to a US consulate with theI-797 to get my visastamped. But I failed to get it.
    Before the interview, a lady, who collected forms, fees, etc, gave me a note beginning with: your visa application needs several weeks to process .... Please answer the following questions....
    After I answered the questions and hand in them to the lady, she gave me another note beginning with: In order to continue processing your application, we need a soft copy of your CV, list of publications, ..., sent to us by email....
    The interview lasted less than 30 seconds: how long are you going to stay? where is your wife? do you have children?
    After the interview, they told me they need more information from the states to make a decision.

NOW MY QUESTIONS ARE:
    Is this a normal/new procedure, and what is it?
    How long I should wait?

Thanks!

PS. pls ignore the last post of mine.

Comment

No it's not normal procedure ...unless you provide them with all the documentation they require you'll be denied the visa.

Comment

The interviewer first would give me the visa and told me to wait for it finished. In the end she said she made a mistake and she needed more info from the STATES.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation