Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sponsoring alien relative

I understand that when sponsoring an alien relative you need to fill out an "affadative of support". What's considered the poverty line?

When I want to file by myself (U.S.C.), without having my spouse (U.S.C. and primary earner in our householf) sign with me. I don't know if I reach that level of poverty line by myself having earned just over 8K in the last 6 months part-time. And is it a federal guideline or does it matter which state you reside? Also the alien who's being sponsored actually has plenty of proof that no affadativ or "public charge" issue will ever exist, could that be enough to show that a co-sponsor might not be needed?

Thanks for advise and suggestions!

I understand that when sponsoring an alien relative you need to fill out an "affadative of support". What's considered the poverty line?

When I want to file by myself (U.S.C.), without having my spouse (U.S.C. and primary earner in our householf) sign with me. I don't know if I reach that level of poverty line by myself having earned just over 8K in the last 6 months part-time. And is it a federal guideline or does it matter which state you reside? Also the alien who's being sponsored actually has plenty of proof that no affadativ or "public charge" issue will ever exist, could that be enough to show that a co-sponsor might not be needed?

Thanks for advise and suggestions!

Comment

You can check your poverty of line in BCIS official website. They give you very guidelines for what amounts and if you do not qualify they asked other assets such as insurance or properties values in it. Just go there and read. If you meet the poverty line, you just can skip those other assets or other income part. Good luck.

I'm not a lawyer.

Comment

deport illegal aliens

Comment

Check this site.

http://www.immigration.gov/graphics/...pp.htm#poverty

Comment

Thank you very much xx for your very fast and well directed response. Good luck to you with all your endeauvers!!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation