Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS FOR K3

My wife was admitted on a K3 visa in Feb 2003. The I - 130 I submitted to the Texas service center has a receipt date of Sep 6, 2001. The Texas service center is currently processing I - 130s for spouse of a U.S. citizen dated June 8, 2001. Since Sep 2001, the Texas service center has only processed about 3 months worth of I - 130s.
    I called the INS and was told I have to wait for the original I - 130 to be approved. At the current pace, my wifes K3 visa will expire before the Texas service center gets to my petition.

I thought I was supposed to try to adjust her status as soon as possible to show "good faith", according to one immigration web site.

Iwould appreciate any advice or references in regards to my question.

My wife was admitted on a K3 visa in Feb 2003. The I - 130 I submitted to the Texas service center has a receipt date of Sep 6, 2001. The Texas service center is currently processing I - 130s for spouse of a U.S. citizen dated June 8, 2001. Since Sep 2001, the Texas service center has only processed about 3 months worth of I - 130s.
    I called the INS and was told I have to wait for the original I - 130 to be approved. At the current pace, my wifes K3 visa will expire before the Texas service center gets to my petition.

I thought I was supposed to try to adjust her status as soon as possible to show "good faith", according to one immigration web site.

Iwould appreciate any advice or references in regards to my question.

Comment

I am also one of the "unfortunates" dealing with the TSC. How long did it take them to process the K-3 application?

Comment

It would have been faster to file a concurrent petition (I-130 & I-485) at your local district office. info@myronmorales.com

Comment

As I am confused. As I understand the original post, his I130 was filed first. You have to have an I130 filed before you can apply for the K-3 for a spouse. How can you file for an adjustment of status at the same time as the I130??
          You don't get any kind of "status" until you are admitted on the k-3.

Comment

I filed the I - 130 at the TSC. The K3 had to be filed at the MSC. When you file for a K3, you have to include a copy of the pending I - 130. Can I refile an I- 130 at the district office? I was told by the INS, now BCIS, that all I - 130s for the region I am in must go to the TSC.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation