X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me Please guys

Hello Guys,
    I have a situation regarding my parents coming to the US. Okay here is the breakdown of my case. I am an Indian Citizen married to a US citizen. I applied for my Adjustment of status and I also received my work-Authorization my receipt notice from INS was 7/25/02 here in Chicago. I have not received any notice about my approval of I-130 or I-485 nor I have been fingerprinted. A week ago my parents applied for a tourist visa in Bombay, India and were rejected on the grounds that " since your son does not have a status the US law prohibits me from issuing you both visa" (Those were the consulate words). I have no idea how is that possible? I have never been out-of-status nor did I enter the US illegally. I entered the US on F1 (Student) which has now expired. I have a job and I am a skilled worker (I have my MBA). Inspite of Affidavit of support and other countless documents the consulate refused to even look at the documents. My parents have a Flourishing business in India and have also visited 15 countries in Europe but they never had a problem like this. In Bombay they just have 2 chances to get the visa of which one is lost my parents got so depressed that he did not even go the second time. My question is will my parents ever come to the US? Or until I have a green card or an USC? (God knows when that will be).Or this one time rejection is a life time thing? Also this may I will be visiting Oahu Hawaii. My question was do I need a Special Re-entry permit or Advance Parole? since my Adjustment of Status case is pending and my US visa had expired a year ago. I know Hawaii island are considered in the US 50 states but since it is not attached to mainland I was having second thoughts if I really need to apply for Advance parole since I will be facing all international airports (Honolulu, LA and Chicago). I would really appreciate your prompt replies guys thanks a lot.

V Rao

Hello Guys,
    I have a situation regarding my parents coming to the US. Okay here is the breakdown of my case. I am an Indian Citizen married to a US citizen. I applied for my Adjustment of status and I also received my work-Authorization my receipt notice from INS was 7/25/02 here in Chicago. I have not received any notice about my approval of I-130 or I-485 nor I have been fingerprinted. A week ago my parents applied for a tourist visa in Bombay, India and were rejected on the grounds that " since your son does not have a status the US law prohibits me from issuing you both visa" (Those were the consulate words). I have no idea how is that possible? I have never been out-of-status nor did I enter the US illegally. I entered the US on F1 (Student) which has now expired. I have a job and I am a skilled worker (I have my MBA). Inspite of Affidavit of support and other countless documents the consulate refused to even look at the documents. My parents have a Flourishing business in India and have also visited 15 countries in Europe but they never had a problem like this. In Bombay they just have 2 chances to get the visa of which one is lost my parents got so depressed that he did not even go the second time. My question is will my parents ever come to the US? Or until I have a green card or an USC? (God knows when that will be).Or this one time rejection is a life time thing? Also this may I will be visiting Oahu Hawaii. My question was do I need a Special Re-entry permit or Advance Parole? since my Adjustment of Status case is pending and my US visa had expired a year ago. I know Hawaii island are considered in the US 50 states but since it is not attached to mainland I was having second thoughts if I really need to apply for Advance parole since I will be facing all international airports (Honolulu, LA and Chicago). I would really appreciate your prompt replies guys thanks a lot.

V Rao

Comment

sorry I'm not familiar with that,
      Hoping someone will come to your rescue on this board with inf. for you. They will.
      Good luck!

Comment

Maybe you parents should keep on trying to get a tourist visa, such as a tourist visa to visit sonmeone else here, not you. Get the idea???
        Sneaky, but it may work, otherwise you'll have to wait lots of years in order to see them.
        Good luck!

Comment

correction: and sometimes girls

Comment

To VRao:
            Since Hawaii is an American Territory, you do not need any Visa to travel there as long as you have a legal status in the United States. You just travel with your Indian Passport, EAD and other papers filed and received from INS. You will have no problem at any Airport.
            Your parents were refused Visa because you do not have GC as such are not eligible to file Affidavit of Support for them. At consulate they might had thought that your parents might choose to stay in the United States. It would be better, if your wife gets a letter from a congressman or Senator and sends it to the American Consulat alongwith Affidavit of Support requesting them to issue visa to your parents. Being a USC she can ask the US Consulate to issue visas to your parents because she wants to meet them and she can not travel at this time due to some personal reasons or due to work.
            Good luck

Comment

your most often benovolent mindedness is nice, but some of your information is outright false:

Hawaii is not a U.S. terrority, but the 49th state of the Union! As a U.S.C. you should know that since that is one of the 100 N-400 questions, isn't it? No offense, take care!

Comment

to travel between U.S. States, you do not need a passport. You need some kind of a picture I.D. as in all continental flights (driver's license or state I.D. will do).

Comment

To Hanbal:
                  I know my English is not so good but I thought territory covers all States of the Union. That is why I had used word Territory not a colony of the United States.
                  No hard feelings.
                  Good luck.

Comment

Hanbal,
                    Why do you KEEP on picking on Uumesh?
                    Are you jealous that he has a lot of knowledge of imm. matters and you just try to WIN somehow?
                    Please, no fights! Leave him alone, what's wrong with you?He helped a lot of people here!
                    He helped me, him, her and them.
                    He helped us.
                    Please, don't be childish, stop fighting.
                    "No offense", that's the truth.
                    Go pick on buchmaster or people who deserve it, not on a person who tells it how it is, in the words that he can.
                    Whatever Hawaii is, he gave the right inf.:you don't need a visa to enter Hawaii. Correct. That's what he's here for. He's not here for his citizenship test.
                    Period. Please!..

Comment

Hello Umesh and Friends,
                      Thanks for the immediate response to my posting I really appreciate that. Thanks for answering questions about Hawaii. The other thing I was wondering was how much time would it take for my GC interview? Receipt date of 07/25/02 in Chicago. Secondly you said my wife can get a letter from a US congressman or a Senator for my parents visa who do you think is better? Cause, as you know most of them are really busy. The Affidavit of support was provided by me and as well as my wife but the consulate would not even look at them. I still don't get it WHY? It was not like I was sponsoring them for an immigrant visa. They had enough documents to prove their own financial status for a month visa as tourist.
                      V Rao

Comment

To Umesh: Congressmen do not make visa decisions - only the consular officers do. Congressmen cannot legally tell the consuls to issue visas. Also to the original poster - the person suggesting that your parents lie the next time and say they are going to visit some "friend" or whomever and conceal your presence will only cause BIG problems. Why? Because on their first application they indicated that you are in the US - and if they "forget" this fact next time, their credibility will be quickly reduced to zero.
                        Bottom line: If the consuls do not believe that your parents will return to their country after a visit, they will not get a visa no matter who writes a letter.

Comment

they can still do it. ...
                          Yeap!
                          How would you know, anyway, you're an usc, right?

Comment

No, they cannot. Only consular officers can issue visas - no one else has the authority overseas to do this.
                            Our legislators may write letters to the consuls asking that they review a case or words to that effect; but the final decision rests in the hands of the consuls-period.

Comment

Congresmen/Senator can't issue visa, but a letter of support/backing from them can be very handy. If you can get both, then go get them. Of course the degree depends on each embassy themselves.

On another note, some people really don't have anything to do, picking on Umesh on a mere "technicality"...

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation