Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

illegal boyfriend beating his girlfriend - need help!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• illegal boyfriend beating his girlfriend - need help!

I would appreciate any opinions on this. A lady I work with asked me how she can help her sister, who has been dating a guy from Costa Rica for about two years now - he has been physically violent on several occasions, and some of this has been documented through her employer and doctor. She recently broke up with him and claims that he is now threatening and stalking her. His green card expired and he has not renewed it. What can she do? Report him to INS? or to the police? All she wants is for him to go away, but he won't and has said that he will hurt her if she doesn't take him back. Any constructive advice would be appreciated. Her family has tried to help the guy understand that the relationship is over, but he is threatening them, too. Any ideas?

I would appreciate any opinions on this. A lady I work with asked me how she can help her sister, who has been dating a guy from Costa Rica for about two years now - he has been physically violent on several occasions, and some of this has been documented through her employer and doctor. She recently broke up with him and claims that he is now threatening and stalking her. His green card expired and he has not renewed it. What can she do? Report him to INS? or to the police? All she wants is for him to go away, but he won't and has said that he will hurt her if she doesn't take him back. Any constructive advice would be appreciated. Her family has tried to help the guy understand that the relationship is over, but he is threatening them, too. Any ideas?

Comment

she needs to go to the local court house and get a restraining order and eventual stalking charge (with supporting documentation) immediatly.

The restraining order will be served to him in a matter of a few hours by a police officer. Depending on in which state you are, she may have to renew that restraining order in a certain amount of time.

If she sees him anywhere close (or in violation of the order), she needs to call 911 immediatly and try to get away from the location.

A person violating the order will be usually punished severely. Especially in the progressive states that serve the violence against women and children with the proper attention! Good luck to her and be carefull!

Comment

Thank you for your input. Do you know if she has to have a record of incidents (times & days he was abusive or followed her), or will her word be enough to get a restraining order? I don't know much about this at all and would like to help.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation