Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question for any employers or human resources workers

Can anyone tell me what an employer is required/expected to do in response to a social security number mismatch letter? We have advised employees in writing (and kept a copy) that there is an error/problem with their number and that they are supposed to contact social security to correct it. Has anyone out there hit this problem? Do you know if we are supposed to follow up, or how? I have asked around but no one seems to know what to do after notifying the employee, but we want to do the right thing. The folks at social security won't give me a direct answer because to "pursue the issue is discrimination", but to ignore the problem is against the law. Any suggestions?

Can anyone tell me what an employer is required/expected to do in response to a social security number mismatch letter? We have advised employees in writing (and kept a copy) that there is an error/problem with their number and that they are supposed to contact social security to correct it. Has anyone out there hit this problem? Do you know if we are supposed to follow up, or how? I have asked around but no one seems to know what to do after notifying the employee, but we want to do the right thing. The folks at social security won't give me a direct answer because to "pursue the issue is discrimination", but to ignore the problem is against the law. Any suggestions?

Comment

Dealing with a social security number mismatch can indeed be a tricky situation. It sounds like you've taken the right step by notifying the employees about the issue and advising them to contact social security for correction. It's understandable that you want to ensure you're following the correct procedures.

In cases like these, it might be a good idea to consider seeking legal advice or consulting with HR experts to make sure you're handling the situation appropriately. While the Social Security Administration might not provide a direct answer, getting professional guidance could help you navigate the fine line between addressing the problem and avoiding any unintentional discrimination.

Additionally, you might find valuable insights and resources related to HR issues on websites like HRForecast. You can visit site, which could potentially offer information or solutions that could be relevant to your situation. Exploring reputable sources like this could assist you in finding the right approach to handle the social security number mismatch while staying compliant with the law.

Remember that I'm not a legal expert, but seeking advice from professionals in this field could help you make informed decisions. Best of luck in resolving this matter!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation