X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on Orlando AOS Timeline

Hi everyone,

For those who filed in Orlando...I went to see the officer this morning to check on my status.

The officer confirmed that the waiting period for AOS is 36 months...:-(

I might look into applying for AP...what do you think? Too risky?

Thanks for reading.
    Beware of small expenses. A small leak could sink a big ship.

Hi everyone,

For those who filed in Orlando...I went to see the officer this morning to check on my status.

The officer confirmed that the waiting period for AOS is 36 months...:-(

I might look into applying for AP...what do you think? Too risky?

Thanks for reading.

Comment

Thats also what I understand .. 3 yrs. hope your marriage is happy. thats a long time

I dont understand your question "too risky"???? What do you mean... oh..u mean the part about it not guarantee for re-entry?

If you are going to travel you MUST get advanced parole while you are getting AOS. Make sure if you do to ask for multiple entries.

Read the following on Advanced parole..

ADVANCED PAROLE
      Most aliens who have pending applications for immigration benefits or for changes in nonimmigrant status need Advance Parole to re-enter the U.S. after traveling abroad. Aliens applying for advance parole on the basis of a pending application for adjustment of status must be approved for advance parole prior to leaving the United States in order to avoid the termination of their pending application for adjustment. Note: this does not apply to aliens who have applied to adjust to permanent resident status and who maintain H-1 (Specialty Worker) or L-1 (Intracompany Transferee) status, or their dependents, who have applied to adjust to permanent resident status and who have a valid V nonimmigrant visa, are in valid V nonimmigrant status and have or obtain a valid V nonimmigrant visa before applying for readmission to the US, who have applied to adjust to permanent resident status and who have a valid K-3/4 nonimmigrant visa, are in valid K-3/4 nonimmigrant status and have or obtain a valid K-3/4 nonimmigrant visa before applying for readmission to the US.
      Aliens in the United States should, prior to departure, obtain Advance Parole in order to re-enter the United States after travel abroad if they have:

Filed an application for adjustment of status but have not received a decision from the INS;
      Hold refugee or asylee status and intend to depart temporarily to apply for a U.S. immigrant visa in Canada; and/or
      An emergent personal or bona fide reason to travel temporarily abroad. Applicants who are the beneficiary of a Private bill and Applicants who are under deportation proceedings must file at INS, Office of International Affairs, Parole and Humanitarian Assistance Branch, 425 I Street, NW, ATTN: International Affairs, Washington, DC 20536

Aliens in the United States are not eligible for Advance Parole if they are:

In the United States illegally;
      An exchange alien subject to the foreign residence requirement;

****Please note that Advance Parole does not guarantee admission into the U.S. Aliens with Advance Parole are still subject to the INS inspection process at the port of entry. For more information on Advance Parole, please read our Travel Advisory.

Good luck. say hello to Mickey and Goofy for me.

Comment

Do you know of anyone who has an approved AP but was not allowed entry later in the US?

I came here on a VWP and its long expired.

Pls advice.

Thanks..

P/S - Mickey and Goofy want you to visit them...:-)

Comment

you came on VWP, got married then filed AOS?

We need to know when your I-94 expired and when you filed your AOS in order to tell you if you will get back.

Comment

My AOS expired on 23 Dec 2001 and the receipt date on AOS 3 Jan 2002.

Thanks so much.

Comment

i mean my VW expired on 23 Dec 2001...sorry for the mistake

Comment

If you were present in the U.S on December 21, 2000, and you had fie an imigration visa petion base base on marriage to a U.S citizen or base on Employment, you nnefit the LIFE, Section 245(i).

If your immigration visa petion was filed before your I-94 expiration or before 180 days after expiration, you can aply for advance parole. After 181 days, you ll be bare for 3 years and 10 years after 12 months and 1 day of over stay

Comment

Dear Rost,

Thanks for the response.

I am planning to mail out the AP form this weekend.

Wish me luck.

Comment

You say its 36 months filing in Orlando...is that the same filing in Tampa?...Does anyone have a timeline filing in Tampa...I heard it was 24 months there?...??

Comment

even orlando initially was 24 months...then went up to 33 and now its 36 months.

I think tampa has the same timeline as orlando...just as bad....

so when did u apply urs? was it thru marriage?

take care..

Comment

We applied around July 2002..yes marriage.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation