• Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    if you have any questions

you can email me at zelda1978_2000@yahoo.com

as I said I recently completed my own

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    That's what I thought when I reviewed the packet, too, but this guy and his wife can't read very well and could use some help. We'd like to help him out, and I'm sure he could give us the info we need - I was just wondering if this is something a person can do without the help of an attorney or accountant. I guess we'll cross our finges and give it our best try. Thank you all for your input!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I agree, you really shouldn't be completing it for him and you don't have all the information he would need anyway. He needs his tax returns for the last three years and, if his salary is not high enough, proof of any assets he has. This is not something you are likely to have on hand as an employer. I suppose you can tell him he needs to get those documents together and fill out the rest for him, but it is mostly personal information.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I just recently completed my I864, your employee should really complete it hisself, its asking about his financial information.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Well, I did the letter and outlined his earnings. Now my supervisor wants us to help this employee with the entire packet. I have no idea where to start! Has anyone else done the I-864 and 213A? Did you have an attorney or accountant do this? Could really use some advice here - I think we're in over our heads, and I don't want to jeopardize this guy's chance to get his family here legally!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    In the letter you should put his hourly rate but you can mention that during last he has earned $..........
    Good luck.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thanks for the advice. This is a big deal, and I have heard that applications are rejected for simple mistakes. I'm glad you all could help!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Since he does work overtime give an estimate earnings amount, that's perfectly ok.

For instance, when I did mine last year, I made around $28000, but my employer wrote that I made over $25,000 with full benefit eligibility.

otherwise, i would just state the hourly wage at 40/hr week, and then state that he somtimes works over time at one and a half or 2 times his hourly wage.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    One more thing - they want to know this guy's annual salary - he is an hourly employee and sometimes works overtime. Should I put down what he would make at 40 hours a week for one calendar year? I'd hate to mess this up!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Yeah, I got that draft letter that goes on our letterhead, but the employee thought we had to do the rest of the packet. I'm glad we don't - looks pretty complicated! Thanks for your help!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I forgot to mention Job Title of that employee. Please keep note of this also.
    God bless you.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    The employer just have to issue TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN LETTER certifying that the person works there. How many hours he works in a week, his salary and since when that employeee is working in the company.
    Good luck.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    An employee gave me a pack of papers this morning but I'm not sure what, if anything, we have to fill out. Does anyone have experience with the I-864? There is a letter we must complete and sign, the form letter for Affidavit of Support from Employer. But what about the other forms? Does the employer complete any of that? This guy is a LPR, married to a USC, trying to bring family over. We are not sponsoring him or his nephews. Any advice would be appreciated!

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic I-864 - need help!

I-864 - need help!

An employee gave me a pack of papers this morning but I'm not sure what, if anything, we have to fill out. Does anyone have experience with the I-864? There is a letter we must complete and sign, the form letter for Affidavit of Support from Employer. But what about the other forms? Does the employer complete any of that? This guy is a LPR, married to a USC, trying to bring family over. We are not sponsoring him or his nephews. Any advice would be appreciated!
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney