Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone has children over 21, can give the answer,please?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone has children over 21, can give the answer,please?

I read a lot of your topics and I did not see much about our children left over there. Nobody has children in this forum?
    First about myself; I'm married to US citizen and having my GC (in a few year from now hopefully get my Citizenship). My 2 children over 21 are not married, and currently studying abroad (they dont have a residence there). I send my petition early this year to the Vermont Center, and got a Notice of Action/NOA? In a letter was stated from 150 days to 999. When I checked on line the days have been changed from 240 days to 999! What can be a problem? What can I do?
    My second question: one of my kid is getting graduated from the University next year with MBA. I want her to come here and continue her studies. When I called the INS and ask this question, they said:Why not, if she is accepted in the College and come here legally..." But they dont give the answer how to come legally? The student visa is a non-immigrant visa, how can she recieve this visa in the Consulate abroad, while her I-130 still pending, or not approved. Or can you tell how best we can go about it?

I read a lot of your topics and I did not see much about our children left over there. Nobody has children in this forum?
    First about myself; I'm married to US citizen and having my GC (in a few year from now hopefully get my Citizenship). My 2 children over 21 are not married, and currently studying abroad (they dont have a residence there). I send my petition early this year to the Vermont Center, and got a Notice of Action/NOA? In a letter was stated from 150 days to 999. When I checked on line the days have been changed from 240 days to 999! What can be a problem? What can I do?
    My second question: one of my kid is getting graduated from the University next year with MBA. I want her to come here and continue her studies. When I called the INS and ask this question, they said:Why not, if she is accepted in the College and come here legally..." But they dont give the answer how to come legally? The student visa is a non-immigrant visa, how can she recieve this visa in the Consulate abroad, while her I-130 still pending, or not approved. Or can you tell how best we can go about it?

Comment

To TOF:
      If you have already sponsored your daughter then she can not get student Visa even if some college will accept her.
      Since you are LPR, so it will take several years before your kids will come here. You can apply for Naturalization 90 days prior to your 3rd anniversary of AOS. When you will become citizen, then you can write to immigration to upgrade your petitions.
      Good luck

Comment

It'll take 4 years before they can apply to come here. Student visa is almost impossible for them, unless you guys are from a developed Western country. You may wanna try H-1B for your MBA kid.

Comment

Can't get it -- a man marries an American and still wants his adult foreign children here...

Comment

Thanks for giving me a reply, even a sad one. When Laws are going to be changed for re-union with families? It is so sad to think, when anyone is separated for so long.
            Then why INS told me if she comes here legally, she can wait here for her visa what it becomes available? Then it must be a legal way? Thanks.

Comment

I know exactly how your are feeling. My husband and I have green cards - since 1997 - now hoping for naturlisation. Our son is in England he is now aged 28, We filed a 1-130 for him to join us in 1999. The waiting list is forever .

If we become citizens he may be able to jump the queue but he hopes to get married and start a family. If he does before we are US citisens his applicatin is cancelled.

This is so hard for a young couple - and our family is torn apart.

We want to do it legally and it really annoys me to see and hear of all the illegals enjoying their lives in the USA whilst the decent people and families who follow the rules are suffering.

Comment

Yeah, my dad was on J-1 visa when we came to the US which was almost two years ago. Now, he still have J-1 since he's still working there, and my mother has J-2 as a spouse, and me and my twin had J-2 as dependents, but since we turned 21 our visa expired (no longer can be dependent) and we tried to apply for F visa, but the "two year home residency" applies to my dad, and applies to us too even tho, we're no longer be able to hold the J-2 visa, and so we couldn't change our visas, and now we're back in our home country (didn't want to be illegal) and just started college this fall, and are sad that we can't be with our parents and with our younger sister! It's just sad, how they don't care about families!!! And my dad didn't get any answer to his visa waiver thing which he sent in May, 2002. And now it's already late, even if he gets approved. *****!!! I miss my family!! and so does my twin sister!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation