Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130

I filed for adjustment of status on April 2001, in August 2001 I received a letter saying that my case was approved, in January 2002 I received my employment authorization card, but i haven't heard anything else ever since. I am atarting to get worried it's been 2 years since I got married and filed for my application. Everytime I ask my lawyer they only manage to say, Oh we don't know what is going on, you have to wait?
    Is there any way to know the status of my case?
    and why is it taking so long?

I filed for adjustment of status on April 2001, in August 2001 I received a letter saying that my case was approved, in January 2002 I received my employment authorization card, but i haven't heard anything else ever since. I am atarting to get worried it's been 2 years since I got married and filed for my application. Everytime I ask my lawyer they only manage to say, Oh we don't know what is going on, you have to wait?
    Is there any way to know the status of my case?
    and why is it taking so long?

Comment

I doubt that your I-485 was approved in August 2001. People with approved I-485 don't get EAD. Look again at what the letter says.

You can check status of your application at https://egov.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/...s/caseStat.jsp

Comment

It sounds as though the letter you received was either a receipt notice or an approval of your EAD or AP. If you filed in April 2001 at the NSC, then it is just now getting to your application and you should be receiving something soon. Make sure your address is up to date.

If you need more information or assistance, please contact me at info@myronmorales.com

Comment

Did you file your AOS together with your I-130? If yes, your I-130 may have been approved but you will get the Notice of Approval within 5 or 6 months.You will get a notice in the mail for your AOS interview.No INS officer will approve your AOS until they conduct an interview.And once your AOS is approved , there's no need to get EAD. You only need EAD while your AOS is pending.If confused , you can call the INS office and ask an officer about your file.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation