Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Im a USC who married my wife abroad. Since she had a visitor's visa, we came to the US after our wedding and applied for an AOS.

We werent exactly sure what the process would be with ins, but my wifes friends told her to tell the ins officer that she was coming as a visitor. Also, they said that if she said she was married, we would have problems. Since she has come in and out many times before, the officer let her in without a problem (I was on the USC line)

After reading up on the issue, and reading other people's posts, I was told that we could have problems if the ins feels she misrepresented her visit to later adjust her status. They also said that she may need to file a waiver of inadmissability.

I will consult a lawyer about my case when I get more money (they sure are expensive). Do you know anyone who has been in a similar case, and what happened? Or, what could happen?

I really dont want any problems with my wife (since we married for real). Any advice or information would be VERY helpful and MUCH appreciated!!!!

PS Im asking you since you have helped so many people on this board, God bless :->

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Mohan please help with AOS

Mohan please help with AOS

Im a USC who married my wife abroad. Since she had a visitor's visa, we came to the US after our wedding and applied for an AOS.

We werent exactly sure what the process would be with ins, but my wifes friends told her to tell the ins officer that she was coming as a visitor. Also, they said that if she said she was married, we would have problems. Since she has come in and out many times before, the officer let her in without a problem (I was on the USC line)

After reading up on the issue, and reading other people's posts, I was told that we could have problems if the ins feels she misrepresented her visit to later adjust her status. They also said that she may need to file a waiver of inadmissability.

I will consult a lawyer about my case when I get more money (they sure are expensive). Do you know anyone who has been in a similar case, and what happened? Or, what could happen?

I really dont want any problems with my wife (since we married for real). Any advice or information would be VERY helpful and MUCH appreciated!!!!

PS Im asking you since you have helped so many people on this board, God bless :->
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney