Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's going on with immigration processing in L.A?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GUEST!

I KNOW THAT 6 MONTHS IS NOT A LONG WAIT REGARDING IMMIGRATION ISSUES, BUT ACCORDING TO WAIT TIMES AT THE DISTRICT OFFICES, AFTER 6 MONTHS, I SHOULD HAVE ALREADY GOTTEN MY EAD.

AFTER SEVERAL FRUSTRADED TRIES TO GET TRACK OF MY IMMIGRATION PROCESS, MY LAWYER FINALLY E-MAILED SAYING THAT I WAS NOT SCHEDULED TO PICK UP AN EAD BECAUSE FORM I-765 WAS NOT FILED WITH THE ADJUSTMENT PACKAGE(although it was paid).

AS SOON AS I GOT TO KNOW ABOUT IT, I MAILED I-765 AT THE LOCAL OFFICE(2 WEEKS HAVE GONE, NO REPLIES YET)

I HAVE GOOD REASONS TO BELIEVE THERE IS SOMETHING ELSE GOING ON, AND THE INS IS NOT TO BE BLAMED FOR THAT "MISSING" FORM.

I HAVEN'T BEEN SCHEDULED FOR AN INTERVIEW YET, AND I WONDER WHAT MAY HAPPEN IF I'M DENIED MY GC BECAUSE I FAILED THE INTERVIEW DUE TO MY SPOUSE'S ANSWERS.

I'M DESPERATE: AS IF IT WERE NOT ENOUGH TO SUSPECT YOUR SPOUSE HAS BEEN SECRETELY PLOTTING AGAINST YOU, BEING LIKELY TO BE DEPORTED BECAUSE OF YOUR SPOUSE'SS BETRAYAL IS SOMETHING I DON'T THINK I'LL BE ABLE TO DEAL WITH.

PLEASE, HELP ME!!!

Comment

Anybody, please, help me!!!!

Comment

I filed an I-130 for my alien husband in California in March. I got a reciept saying that it will take 825 days to process the application. That is over 2 years!! I am a USC by birth, but my husband is undocumented and entered without inspection. He has never had any brushes with the law or immigration, though. Anyone else know if that processing time is normal? I call the hot line every couple of weeks to check the status, but I always get the same recording saying it will be 825 more days.

Comment

Bambina, I don't think that your husband will be able to adjust status if he entered illegally. You will have to wait for 245i to come back. So, regardless of the processing time, he cannot adjust status yet. It doesn't matter if he has never had a brush with the law, etc.

Comment

Hello,
            Just thought I'd update you on my husbands case -- processed at the LA Service Center.

INS, Los Angeles office, received our documents on October 24, 2002. We filed I-130, I-485, and EAD at the same time. He was eligible to adjust status since I'm a US Citizen and we married.

My husband was fingerprinted in late November...Thanksgiving weekend. We picked up his EAD on December 16th, 2002.

We had our interview today (June 2nd, 2003) and he was given a stamp in his passport for his temporary greencard. We were told that his actual card will arrive in 2-3 months.

So, our timeline is:

Filing - October 24th, 2002
            Fingerprinting - Late November, 2002
            EAD - December 16, 2002
            Interview and stamp in passport - June 2, 2002

I followed a lot of advice I found in this board and even went to the trouble of double hole punching the top of every page we sent to INS. We were pretty meticulous in the way we submitted the documents.

At the interview, we were asked for our documents. We gave the gentleman our updated Affidavit of Support (with 2002 taxes and other original supporting documents), our idenification, our birth certificates, our marriage license, and my husbands INS medical exam results. The interviewer took these and reviewed them for 10 minutes and then came back and got both of us, swore us in, and then asked my husband the "are you a terrorist" questions, and then filled out the green card paperwork. His passport had already been stamped by the time we entered his office and even though we had a binder full of "supporting documents" to prove the validity of our marriage...he never asked to see any of them. He never looked at bank statements, insurance information, photos, etc. He said he already had everything he needed to approve my husband. We know that another INS officer in the same office was asking people for all of this......we have no idea why we were not asked for anything.

It was really painless. It took a little over 7 months from start to finish...longer than is documented on several websites for the LA district office (they typically say 183 days).....but all in all, pretty fast.

Good Luck! I hope your experience with the LA office starts to move faster. We were a little frustrated when 150 days had passed and we knew there would be no way we would have an interivew in the 6 month time frame......but we did get in at around 7 months + 1 week.

Comment

This is unbelievable! I too filed for my husband on October 24, 2002. He was fingerprinted in November and got his EAD in December, but we weren't called for the interview yet as of this date. I hope Katy still read this, cause I wanted to ask her some questions, like did she get the notification for the interview in the mail and how much before the interview did she get the notification? When did they have the medical exam done?

I hope we are going to be called soon too. I am USC and husband is here legally through H-1B. We too filed in the Los Angeles District Office and mailed our documents there the way it was written in the instruction.

Comment

Hi,
                I'm still here. Ask any questions you would like.

We received our letter for the interview sometime around May 3rd. The date on the letter was April 29th....but that is the date they mailed the letter. We received it shortly thereafter and with a little less than a month notice. The letter indicated we needed a medical exam, and included a list of civil surgeons that could perform it. We had the medical exam on May 11th and have just had it waiting in our files for our interview today.

My husband had entered the country legally -- on a tourist visa. We were married 3 months later and then filed our paperwork on 10/24.

Hope this is helpful.

Katy

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs