Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What form 2 file-if I have been resident for 25 years and have not filed for citzensh

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if they dont have my Selective service registration , Can they deport me for that?

Comment

Well your sister would have had to apply as she was over 18 at time of your parents Naturalizing.

You however wasn't so you should have automatically got it.

I would wait right now for further input from others here. There are a few who are very knowledgable about this subject, so if you are ok, check back later or tomorrow, and hopefully things will be clearer as to what to do next.

It is best to have a few opinions on this matter.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
      1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

MY sister was 15 when my parents naturalized, I was 14 .
        And she still had to go down there , take test and oath.

Comment

After looking into your case all of you had entered U.S. on Immigration Visa, and you all have received your I-551 at the same time...
          One important matter is this at the time of your Parents Naturalization if your name was included in N-400, and you were present at the time of Oath taking then you are a Citizen.... Law was changed in 2007.
          The then INS Should have issued a letter to her school stating her status as citizen....
          If any one has the old INA of 1995 old CFR they can find that rules...
          OR You can go to State.gov and look for Foreign Affairs Manules 9 and go to section 1300
          you will find some of the information .
          Since I retd, I had given all my books to one guy abroad otherwise I had INA's from 1969 to 2001 as well as CFR's.
          Wish you best of luck...

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">and you were present at the time of Oath taking then you are a Citizen.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
            It is good to be present in parent's oath ceremony but it is not required. Children under 18 become citizens by action of law even without attending oath ceremony. Upon applying N-600, eligible children under 12 get their certificate in the mail, however, children over 12 years will have to go to USCIS office to collect their certificate.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">section 1300 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
              I looked up the foreign affairs manual. i found 9 FAM Visas ??

i couldn't locate manual 9 and section 1300 -

So are You are suggesting that i file the form n600 and go to field office ?

Are there any other steps i need to take ?

Thanks

Comment

Thanks for your input FSN and Tak.

Question: Would he not be able to go to the Passport Office with his parents Certificates of Naturalization and obtain his passport, saving him having to file the N600?

I know it is useful to have the Certificate for extra proof but will it be necessary?
                -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I looked up the foreign affairs manual. i found 9 FAM Visas ??

i couldn't locate manual 9 and section 1300 - </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Classified portionos of FAM are excluded from online version.

You should file N-600.

Comment

You need to file N400 since you were not included on your parents application.

Comment

But I was included on their application,

Comment

Federale, don't you read what was said already?

He was included, he even went along to Oath Ceremony with his parents.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You need to file N400 since you were not included on your parents application. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                          Not correct. Please read N-600 instructions (Who may file N-600).

Comment

Easiest and cheapest option right now is apply for U.S. passport. You should be a U.S. Citizen by action of law. Information about getting your passport can be found here: http://travel.state.gov/passpo...first/first_830.html. You will need your green card and your parents' naturalization certificates.

Getting a certificate of naturalization is not required but definitely recommended- that's the N600. I believe you qualify under Number 4 under "Who Should Use N-600"- if before you were 18 adn before Feb 27, 2001 you were in the U.S. and a legal permanent resident and both your parents naturalized, you can use the N-600.

You will not get deported- you have done nothing wrong.

Comment

I made a mistake in writing Please read FAM 7 from 1000 onwards to get the complete info
                              I will try to find my INA in case I have one copy of the old one I will come back...

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation