Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V Visa, What's the deal?

I filed an I-130 for my wife after we got married in 2001. Will she be eligible for the V visa although we filed after the December 2000 deadline? Thanks.

I filed an I-130 for my wife after we got married in 2001. Will she be eligible for the V visa although we filed after the December 2000 deadline? Thanks.

Comment

No your wife can not get benefit of V Visa. If the law is changed in future then may be she can get benefits not right now.
      Good luck.

Comment

I think she could, but it's a long way to go anyways. How close are you to your citizenship?

Comment

For the purpose of clarification, does that mean after three years my wife will still not be eligible for a V Visa?

Comment

Why don't you ask a lawyer to make sure? I think you can.

Comment

Umesh is a dumbass. Yes your wife can get an V visa after 3 years the I-130 is filed on her behalf.

Comment

Umesh is correct

Who is Eligible?
                A person may apply at a U.S. consulate abroad for a V-1 or V-2 visa or seek V-1 or V-2 nonimmigrant status while in the United States, if that person:

is lawfully married to a Lawful Permanent Resident of the United States (V-1), or is the unmarried child (under the age of 21) of a Lawful Permanent Resident (V-2); and
                is the principal beneficiary of a relative petition (Form I-130) that was filed by the Lawful Permanent Resident spouse/parent on or before December 21, 2000; and
                has been waiting at least 3 years since the petition was filed for status as a Lawful Permanent Resident because the petition is still pending, or has been approved but:
                an immigrant visa is not yet available; or,
                there is a pending application to adjust status or application for an immigrant visa.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation