Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much religions are in Japan?

Religion once featured heavily in Japan’s public sphere, with both Shintō and Buddhism each being the state religion at different points in Japanese history. The Japanese religious tradition is made up of several major components, including Shinto, Japan’s earliest religion, Buddhism, and Confucianism. Christianity has been only a minor movement in Japan. However, the so-called new religions that arose in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries are a prominent feature of Japanese religious life today.

When talking about religion in Japan, Shinto and Buddhism are Japan's two major religions. Shinto is as old as the Japanese culture, while Buddhism was imported from the mainland in the 6th century.

I was born and raised in Japan. Last year I moved to the United States because I fight with my parents. I believe in Jesus, but my parents are Buddhists. Can you imagine how hard it was for me? My father is very strict, and my mother always obeyed my dad. My childhood was hard, and while living in Japan, I took online Bible lessons: https://firstchurchlove.com . Now when I have moved to the U.S., I finally feel free. It feels like I got out of the captivity of the enemy. Even though I love my parents, I don't agree with them on many things.
    Last edited by azahrast; 11-06-2022, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation