X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N400 and change of address

hi all,
    i was living in boston and applied for the N400 there.
    after i applied for the N400, i changed my address, a few days ago, and moved to a different state - new york.
    i put my permamnt address as NY on the n400 form (and my tempoaray address as boston) - so i can still get mail from INS.

but my interview is scheduled to be in boston - in about 3 months, and i am now living in new york.
    is that ok?
    i am required to file i change of address form?

the thing i worry about , filing a change of address form - is that it will delay the process and my file will move from boston to new york - and i will have to wait another year for the process to start again. so i would rather, if possible, have the interview in boston.

would the question of where i'm living now - come up in the interview?

thanks so much for your help

hi all,
    i was living in boston and applied for the N400 there.
    after i applied for the N400, i changed my address, a few days ago, and moved to a different state - new york.
    i put my permamnt address as NY on the n400 form (and my tempoaray address as boston) - so i can still get mail from INS.

but my interview is scheduled to be in boston - in about 3 months, and i am now living in new york.
    is that ok?
    i am required to file i change of address form?

the thing i worry about , filing a change of address form - is that it will delay the process and my file will move from boston to new york - and i will have to wait another year for the process to start again. so i would rather, if possible, have the interview in boston.

would the question of where i'm living now - come up in the interview?

thanks so much for your help

Comment

Yes, you have to be truthful at Interview. It will take another 2 - 3 months if you will do it right and file AR-11 for change of address. If you have received a receipt, then you can write a letter and send them copy of that receipt letter.
      Good luck.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed