Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The U.S. visitor visa interview question and answers you must prepare

Getting your B1/B2 application finally approved can is a daunting task. Getting your visa approved requires a fair amount of paperwork filing, going through B1/B2 interview questions, and stressful waiting time. Even when you have filed all the papers correctly, but if the immigration officer finds anything fishy during the interview, you may get your visa application denied. Thus, it is vital that you clear up your visa interview successfully to get your U.S. visitor visa approved. Not just being dishonest but even being nervous or unprepared can also get your visa rejected during the interview. Thus, in this post, we have highlighted some basic questions along with its answers that you may face during the interview, to help you prepare well.

B1/B2 Visa Interview

The B1/B2 visa interview is generally taken at the consulate or embassy of your home country. The interview is primarily done to determine whether or not you will be a liability to the United States if you decide to visit and also determine whether you are likely to return or not after your permitted stay.

Common B1/B2 Interview questions & answers

Question: Why do you want to travel to the United States?

On being asked this question, you must state the purpose of your visit for which you want to travel to the U.S. You must make sure to answer truthfully without giving confusing answers.

For example, your sample response could be to visit your son who studies in the U.S. or have an important conference/meeting to attend. However, you should make sure that your reason should fall under the allowed activities under the visa category.

Question: Why do you want to travel specifically during this time of the year?

The officer might be keen on asking you why do you want to travel at a particular time of the year. Here you can give an honest answer like you can say that you wished to travel in summer as the warmth is good enough to travel around, if you are working and have saved your leaves for the visit, you can tell the officer that you have got your paid annual leaves at this time of the year or you are able to arrange leave from work only at this time.

Question: How long do you intend to stay in the United States?

This question is very important in determining the fate of your application, as the officer assumes that you intend to stay in the U.S. thus, you will have to convince the officer that your stay in the U.S. is temporary and that you will return to your home country after your authorized staying period. Thus, you must clearly mention your time period you are going to stay in the U.S. like 1month that should be realistic. You may also have to present the returning tickets and itineraries for convincing the officer further.

Question: Where do you plan on staying in the United States?

On being asked about your accommodation in the U.S., you must clearly specify the address where you are going to stay. For example, if you are going to stay at your relative’s house, you must provide the exact address to the consular officer.

Question: How much do you expect this trip to cost?

According to your itinerary, you must have an estimate of the overall cost and give it to the officer. Make sure that you do not mention that you are planning to cover some of the costs of the trip. At your interview, you must show some sponsor documents as well. For example, If you are about to spend about $1,000on your trip, you must tell the officer.

Question: Who is going to sponsoring your trip?

The USCIS wants to make sure that you won’t be a liability for the country till you are staying, thus, it is important that you should beagle to cover your costs. On being asked, state the person that will be sponsoring your trip, it could be your son or daughter that you are visiting.

Question: How much does your son earn per year in the United States?

You must provide a truthful answer to that, and whatever answer you give, be prepared to offer proof. For instance, if your son earns around $55,000 per year, you must tell the officer along with the evidence.

Question: Have you ever been to the United States before?

As the officer will already have your previous records, be truthful in your answer. If you have traveled to the U.S. before, you must tell the officer when if not, then be honest and tell the officer that you are going to visit the country for the first time.

Other than these questions mentioned above, the officer may ask you several other questions so be prepared! Just make sure to answer all the questions honestly and precisely. For further help, you can also get in touch with an immigration lawyer who can help you get through the process easily. So, All the best!

This site always helps me in knowing details about immigration and visa details to different countries. So whenever someone has any doubt about immigration or visa details they can just check this site for knowing the details. Continue Reading I am doing it.

Comment

separation spell

Comment

These interview questions and answers are worth practicing. The top cv writers in uk have also suggested some more common questions that must be practiced are What is your educational qualification? Do your parents/in-laws live with you? Which college/university do you study at?

Comment

From what I know, it's not that hard to obtain a Visa. You must possess relatively good speaking skills and a few facts about the country's cultures and values. Personally, I remember once I badly wanted to visit Germany. After finding an affordable train ticket on dbreiseauskunft.com, I decided that I had a perfect opportunity to visit this country. However, after researching, I realized that I needed a Visa. And to be honest, this fact got me really frustrated at that moment. But opting for the Visa was not hard at all. So mate can tell you with certainty that there is nothing to be worried about.

Comment

Yes, it is a good way to prepare the candidates for an interview We are a cheap resume writer service company. We also prepare the candidates for an interview we prepare some questions for the candidates for their interview or we provide good suggestions for the candidates and we provide a Well written resume to the candidate on the job in the suitable industry.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation