Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interview scheduled, conflicts with purchased travel - need advice please!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview scheduled, conflicts with purchased travel - need advice please!

Hi all,

My Filipina wife and I have been waiting more than 2 years for resolution of our I-751 petition to remove conditions on her green card (since May 2014).

In the absence of any action, we have scheduled travel to the Philippines for the last week of August into the first week of September.

Of course after we finally purchased the tickets, we have received notification of an interview scheduled for August 31, right in the middle of our paid-for travel.

The question for the group is:

Does pre-paid travel such as this constitute "exceptional conditions" that will warrant rescheduling our interview?

Especially keen to hear from anybody who has faced a similar situation, but eager to hear all thoughts anybody can contribute.

Thanks,

Gary

You waited two years for this so you probably don't want to reschedule it regardless of the circumstances. Planned vacation is not a great reason to miss the interview you have waiting on for years. Also, your planning on leaving the US which is always risky. Your wife may encounter some issues trying to reenter the US after missing a 751 interview.

I understand you may have already paid for your tickets and you are going to lose money if you cancel your trip but it is important to consider your priorities.
    Joseph Caraccio

This response does not constitute legal advice and it does not establish an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer and you should not rely on anything written above. I recommend you meet with an attorney. Immigration Law Resources | My Immigration Blog

Comment

Sodium Hypochlorite Price

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs