Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THERE IS A MAJOR PUSH UNDERWAY TO MOVE H.R. 2671 FORWARD WITHIN THE NEXT 5-7 WEEKS: Rep. Charlie Nor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SKS
    replied
    janiss, RE-READ MY POSTS!!!! FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, YOU HAVE SERIOUS READING COMPREHENSION ISSUES IF YOU BELIEVE THAT IS WHAT I SAID WAS CUTE

Your direct qoute:"This is the American Peoples home. And we want the people we invite into our home to play by the rules. And we don't want uninvited guests."

This is what I said was very "cute." Because it has nothing to do with the reality of the situation. Did you take my response out of context, and twist it to fit your point??

WHEN YOU SAID:"And I think it is about time that the American people are the people who the government is looking out for first and forEmost. That is after all the duty they swore to uphold."

MY DIRECT RESPONSE WAS:" The government SHOULD put the people first and do the job with efficienty. It hasn't been that way for years, unfortunately."

I AGREED WITH YOU 100% THAT THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD PUT THE PEOPLE FIRST. I DID NOT SAY THAT WAS CUTE!!!! TAKING MY RESPONSES OUT OF CONTEXT IS NOT A VERY GOOD THING!!

Remember, read everything carefully.

"I find it appalling that a TEACHER thinks it "cute" that I insist our duly elected representatives fufill their legal obligation to the American People. That is the reason they exist. Remember, a Republic. That is our form of government."

I NEVER ONCE SAID THAT WAS CUTE!! Maybe you are misinterpreting what I am saying, and maybe you are having trouble understanding my sarcasm. I do not think it is cute to insist our elected representatives do what is best for the American people. What I find cute is when people say things like, "They SHOULDN'T be here," shouldn't this and shouldn't that, kinda gets old. Same old rhetoric and it sounds CUTE to me.

"I hope and pray that you are teaching those principles."

You have nothing to worry about. One of my teaching strategies is "Devil's Advocate." This involves me pointing out a problem, and CHALLENGING my students to think critically about solving the issue on many different topics. Having not been in my classes, you have no idea the discussions we have and how I make my students strive to address our current issues.

I tell them, " You may not like me.....that's fine, I am not here to be your friend but your teacher." It seems my strategy works because I don't see you or acelaw quitting this argument/debate/discussion!!! It seems I have succeeded in making you talk your mind!!!

"If you feel that expecting MY government to do what is in MY best interest and the will of a large majority of Americans, is the very reason the issue won't be addressed, then we are in serious trouble."

I see you may have misinterpreted my post again...
    Expecting our government to do what is best for the people isn't the reason the issue won't get solved. What I am saying is that politicians, out of fear, ignorance, or because they don't give a rats a$$, will not address this issue anytime in the near future, in my opinion.

"Because if the educators of our children hold opinions such as yours..............."

WHAT OPINIONS WOULD THAT BE??? I agree with what you said about our politicians having a duty to the people,and about what they SHOULD do in office. Never once have I said anything anti-American!! I do not blame Americans for illegal immigrants coming here, but I DO blame our politicians for not confronting it one way or another, with all of our available resources. Find a solution and do something about it already!!

My opinions.....................is what I'm saying wrong??? Our politicians haven't ignored this issue??? Illegal immigrants aren't a part of our society?? It would be funny if I said that, because I do have some in my class!! What a crock that would be!
    Did Clinton do anything to solve this issue?? What about Bush??? I don't see any military on the border, do you?? I don't see any massive round ups and house to house raids, do you?? I don't see an amnesty either, do you??? WHAT'S GOING ON?? WHO IS TO BLAME FOR OUR GOVERNMENT'S INACTION?? Sounds to me like somebody isn't doing their job for Americans...........and who would that be...............well, politicians of course

You tell me then, WHY HAVEN'T ANY OF OUR POLITICIANS ADDRESSED THE ISSUE OF IMMIGRATION WITH MORE THAN JUST LIP SERVICE?

Illegal immigration has posed serious issues for MANY years now. RIGHT NOW, IN SEPT. 2003, WITH THE INFORMATION WE HAVE, WHY ISN'T THE PRESIDENT DOING ANYTHING ABOUT IT WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?

I WANT SOMETHING DONE RIGHT NOW, DON'T YOU, DOESN'T THE AMERICAN PEOPLE WANT IT?????? YOU TELL ME WHY NOTHING IS BEING DONE THEN AS WE SPEAK???WHY?WHY?WHY?

IF ALL THE THINGS YOU AND ACELAW SAY ARE CORRECT, WHY ISN'T PRESIDENT BUSH HOLDING A PRESS CONFERENCE ABOUT IT? WHY?? WHY AREN'T NATIONAL GUARD TROOPS BEING CALLED TO THE BORDER TODAY?WHY?WHY? WHY DON'T I SEE MILITARY HUMVEES ROLLING DOWN BROADWAY, MAIN, AND FIGUEROA STREETS, WHY??

YOU ARE RIGHT THOUGH, WE ARE IN SERIOUS TROUBLE!!

Here is a question, do ALL of the decisions made by our politicians reflect what is best for all Americans??? Are the American people always put first in EVERY decision made in the White House????

These are some of the questions I DEMAND my students address. I also have them play the role of President, and present what they would do on this and many other issues in american society.

by the way

"Oh, and would you think my principles were "cute" if I were a man??"

When did I say,"Janiss, because you are a woman, you principals are cute?" WHEN DID I SAY THAT?? Trust me, if I felt that way I would come out and say it, I have nothing to hide!!
    Lets see..................never, that's right. Now THAT is real cute. I don't care if you are a woman or a man, if anybody said what you did, I would say that is cute...........Nice try though, trying to make me out to be somebody I'm not!!

[This message was edited by SKS on September 13, 2003 at 07:14 PM.]

[This message was edited by SKS on September 13, 2003 at 07:17 PM.]

[This message was edited by SKS on September 13, 2003 at 07:18 PM.]

Leave a comment:

• janiss
    replied
    Very cute, and patriotic, however, we must face reality for what it is.......Millions are here uninvited and there are those violated our laws......
    You just described the reasons why immigration will not get addressed.

I find it appalling that a TEACHER thinks it "cute" that I insist our duly elected representatives fufill their legal obligation to the American People. That is the reason they exist. Remember, a Republic. That is our form of government. I hope and pray that you are teaching those principles.If you feel that expecting MY government to do what is in MY best interest and the will of a large majority of Americans, is the very reason the issue won't be addressed, then we are in serious trouble. Because if the educators of our children hold opinions such as yours...............Oh, and would you think my principles were "cute" if I were a man??

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    UK has a straightforward law.
    UK permanent residency can be obtained:
    - after 4 years of continuous legal stay in UK;
    - after 11 years of continuous illegal stay in UK.
    Is that simple enough ?!!!!!!!!!!!????????

Leave a comment:

• SKS
    replied
    janiss, how long can you go on with the same stuff?? The sky is falling routine gets old, doesn't it? You shouldn't feel anything but happiness, because according to you, this problem will be solved in the next year!!!

"This is not the case where I live.There are FREE English classes on every highschool and college campus in the area. The newspaper has lists of them monthly. They are posted in every welfare office ,and post office and elementry school. If you can't go to them they have groups that will provide you with a FREE tutor."

And the problem is what???

"There are no such services for Americans wanting to learn Spanish by the way."

Why should there be?? Aren't you just complaining that people need to speak English!! Why would there be services for Americans to learn Spanish, if there is a need for people to learn English!!?? Or are you being silly again....

"There are people in this country 10 and 20 years who still do not speak English."

And ther are also people who do!!

"In a statewide Emergency, (earthquake ect.) they would not understand instructions or evacuation notices ect."

Safety issue?? How, most places I go, and most warning signs I see, all have warnings in English and Spanish!! Wouldn't those evacuation notices also be in Spanish, and wouldn't Spanish TV stations air them!!??

"If Asians and Italians and others can and do learn English, why can't Mexicans??"

You definitely have something against Mexicans don't you. Didn't you say earlier, that you focus on ALL immigrants. Now it's just the Mexicans, sound racist to me!!!
    There are many Thai, Vietnamese, and Filipno communties that have people who don't know much English.....Mexicans aren't the only ones that speak Spanish!!

"I do not think it is in the best interest of this country to have an ever larger population of uneducated , unskilled people with a higher than average birthrate, and a highschool dropout rate of over 50% keep pouring into this country."

Who thinks it is in the best interest?? I don't think anybody here believes people pouring in is a good thing, at least I don't. So, then, is it ok to have people break our laws if they are educated and skilled?? They get a pass??

"And the vast majority of them come from Mexico."

Irrelevant to your point again, and the idea of finding a feasible solution...

"So even if they were to get green cards, and pay taxes, that would only make things worse. With the amount of children most of them have , the only tax they would pay would be SS tax. Which would help support them after they turn 65, but doesn't help now."

Take a look a your check. (Assuming you have a job!) My check has much more than SSI deductions.....My money also goes to other things. And no, the money we pay right now to SSI goes to those already on SSI. There is no account set aside for people when they retire with SSI.

"Add to that the fact they would be able to use the earned income tax credit, and the child tax credit,and we will be sending them a BIG check every year."

A check that will be used to spend and help our economy!!

"Plus food stamps, medi-cal for the kids, child care , $9,000.00 to educate each kid plus free breakfast and lunch, section 8 housing , ect. and maybe you can see what a large burden these people put on this country."

What about the immigrants who aren't uneducated? What about visa overstayers?? Are you singling out Mexicans again!! Same old story I see.......But, if the money deducted from their checks is used for the programs, isn't that a moot point?

"And they keep wages low for entry level US citizens as well."

Do they hire themselves?? The businesses are the ones responsible for the supposed "job displacement." Nobody hiring illegals, no problem!! Put blame where it needs to be.

You're confusing yourself here. If they became legal and not afraid of their immigrant status and their employers couldn't put that fear of deportation in them, it would be much harder to exploit them.

"And to that overcrowded schools, higher crime rate and overcrowded prisons, Hospitals going bankrupt from giving free medical care, traffic gridlock, and a complete lowering of the quality of life for everyone dealing with any of these things."

YAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWN. How many times can you state the same points?? Acelaw has the same problem!! He'll give you facts on the same issue, trying to sound smart, and make the same point a hundred times.

Anybody dealing with these things you say??? I am in education and commute to work. How has my quality of life been lowered???? Seeing the so-called overcrowding of schools first hand, I fail to see how my teaching standards have changed, and how my life has been altered because of immigration!

"Now tell me why we should want to KEEP these people here."

Another irrelevant, philosophical piece of nonsense. You make it sound as if we have choice?? Millions are here, we are way beyond that now..

"Do you think Americans citizens should have a say in things that affect their lives to such a degree? or do you think the wishes of the immigrants should be more important that the citizen taxpayers??"

Doesn't matter. Enough fantasy, do you get tired of repeating yourself?? (And do I get tire of responding!!)

"Because no one seems to be concerned with what the PEOPLE , not the immigrants or the politicans or the immigrant groups want.And I think it is about time that the American people are the people who the government is looking out for first and formost. That is after all the duty they swore to uphold."

"...............indivisible, with liberty and justice for all." That is very well put. The government SHOULD put the people first and do the job with efficienty. It hasn't been that way for years, unfortunately.............and when it does the people in hell will get water!!

We have nobody to blame but ourselves for the politicians we have, hence the Gray Davis recall. Didn't we vote them in office?? So, aren't the people also to blame, at least for our elected officials??

"They did not take an oath to make immigrants lives easier. The immigrant has the choice to not come here. This is the American Peoples home. And we want the people we invite into our home to play by the rules. And we don't want uninvited guests."

Very cute, and patriotic, however, we must face reality for what it is.......Millions are here uninvited and there are those violated our laws......
    You just described the reasons why immigration will not get addressed.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    UK has a straighforward law.
    UK Green Card can be obtained:
    - after 4 years of continious legal stay in UK;
    - after 11 years of continious illegal stay in UK.
    Is that simple enough ?!!!!!!!!!!!????????

Leave a comment:

• SKS
    replied
    acelaw, still with your facts that mean nothing after the hundreth time!!

"THE FACTS, an opinion with OUT THEM is just that ,a baseless fact less rant, which you all are real good at."

Nah. Time for a solution. I just posted what I honestly believe will happen in the next year or so............However,I do know a feasible solution to our situation based on how our government and BCIS works......

"You can spin until your Blue in the face, debate opinion is useless, lets debate the facts,"

The only thing left to debate is solution......We all now know illegal immigration needs to be addressed.

"Tells us what great citizens they will make when they scoff at our laws NOW!!!!"

Yada, yada, yada,......... I already told you, lets just say your stats are correct.
    Millions are here. Acelaw, what do you think will happen with this in the next year, and will a president come out and say they'll "roud'em all up"? What do YOU think will happen?

Leave a comment:

• janiss
    replied
    How can you criticize the Mexicans when they aren't any worse than we are? Most of them are learning English anyway . They will spend $800.00, which is often a very large sum for them for "Ingles sin Barreras", which is a correspondence course to teach them English. It is not always easy to learn another language. It takes time.

This is not the case where I live.There are FREE English classes on every highschool and college campus in the area. The newspaper has lists of them monthly. They are posted in every welfare office ,and post office and elementry school. If you can't go to them they have groups that will provide you with a FREE tutor. There are no such services for Americans wanting to learn Spanish by the way.With all this help available, the number of immigrants who speak NO English, is growing and growing. There are people in this country 10 and 20 years who still do not speak English. As I said before, besides the cost to the taxpayer for all the printed materials and interperters, there is a safty issue. In a statewide Emergency, (earthquake ect.) they would not understand instructions or evacuation notices ect.If Asians and Italians and others can and do learn English, why can't Mexicans??I do not think it is in the best interest of this country to have an ever larger population of uneducated , unskilled people with a higher than average birthrate, and a highschool dropout rate of over 50% keep pouring into this country.And the vast majority of them come from Mexico.So even if they were to get green cards, and pay taxes, that would only make things worse. With the amount of children most of them have , the only tax they would pay would be SS tax. Which would help support them after they turn 65, but doesn't help now. Add to that the fact they would be able to use the earned income tax credit, and the child tax credit,and we will be sending them a BIG check every year. Plus food stamps, medi-cal for the kids, child care , $9,000.00 to educate each kid plus free breakfast and lunch, section 8 housing , ect. and maybe you can see what a large burden these people put on this country. And they keep wages low for entry level US citizens as well. And to that overcrowded schools, higher crime rate and overcrowded prisons, Hospitals going bankrupt from giving free medical care, traffic gridlock, and a complete lowering of the quality of life for everyone dealing with any of these things. Now tell me why we should want to KEEP these people here. Do you think Americans citizens should have a say in things that affect their lives to such a degree? or do you think the wishes of the immigrants should be more important that the citizen taxpayers??Because no one seems to be concerned with what the PEOPLE , not the immigrants or the politicans or the immigrant groups want.And I think it is about time that the American people are the people who the government is looking out for first and formost. That is after all the duty they swore to uphold. They did not take an oath to make immigrants lives easier. The immigrant has the choice to not come here. This is the American Peoples home. And we want the people we invite into our home to play by the rules. And we don't want uninvited guests.

Leave a comment:

• acelaw
    replied
    posted September 11, 2003 11:35 AM
    Actlaw,
    You are really a hard headed The statement people wrote about cut and paste is true.you know nothing else but to cut and paste. IF i want to cut and paste I can do many as pro ligalization as you do but its not fair for the solution.

Well Mohan my job as press secretary for the organization I work for is to assemble THE FACTS, an opinion with OUT THEM is just that ,a baseless fact less rant, which you all are real good at. You can spin until your Blue in the face, debate opinion is useless, lets debate the facts, of course there is no facts that support your position so you attack personally. You made the above statement BACK IT UP, post us the FACTS that this is good for MY COUNTRY. Post the facts that breaking our laws is GOOD FOR MY COUNTRY. Tells us what great citizens they will make when they scoff at our laws NOW!!!!

They will start paying taxes = another benifit,

The top 10% of the wage earners in this country pay 60% of the taxes in this country, the bottom 50% pay 4% of the taxes.They USE 3 TIMES the services of natives, WE DO NOT NEED THEM, NOR SHOULD WE PAY FOR THEM WHEN HERE ILLEGALY. END OF STORY, YOU CAN SPIN IT
    ALL YOU WANT WE OWE THEM NOTHING!!!!!!BUT A BUS TICKET HOME.

Address the issues not the emotions , disprove each of these with Your positive cut/paste as you call the FACTS

What It Costs
    The Merrifield, Va.-based Americans for Immigration Control has released frightening updates on the continuing inactions and greedy handling of immigration. Here is a litany of their documented findings – which could be shortened, of course, but is given rather completely to emphasize shocking and unbelievable developments, as follows:
    The Congress has quietly approved the most open-door policy in history, allowing up to l0,000 immigrants per day.
    The number of illegal immigrants now in the United States is 8.7 million, and the INS is unable to deport them.

WHAT DOES THIS SAY MOHAN!!!!!
    U.S. services and benefits given to legal and illegal immigrants cost American taxpayers $68 billion per year – and that number is growing.

Bilingual education doubles the cost of schooling aliens. In the Southwest, a new school per day would have to be built to keep up.
    English as our language is under assault – with driver's licenses, voting ballots and citizenship ceremonies offered in dozens of languages.
    American history and achievements are being replaced in schoolbooks with political correctness, self-criticism and America as "oppressor."
    400,000 foreigners now collect Social Security benefits without ever working a single day in America. Immigrants get Medicaid twice as often as native citizens.
    Immigration costs U.S.-born workers $133 billion per year in job losses.
    On Sept. 11, legal and illegal Muslim immigrant terrorists killed 3,000 innocent Americans and destroyed tens of billions of dollars in property.
    Over 25 percent of federal prisoners are immigrants. Illegals commit 12 percent of felonies, 25 percent of burglaries and 34 percent of car thefts.
    Non-citizens collect $7 billion per year in welfare, including medical assistance, food stamps and housing – courtesy of U.S. taxpayers, whose representatives in the Congress allow this to happen.
    Two-thirds of U.S. population growth is due to our immigration policy. American cities, parks, roads, schools, beaches, hospitals and water supplies are straining under increasing pressure for more and more freebies.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Please rush with the legalization of illegals who have been staying here for more than 5 years. In my case an immigration lawyer expired my visa and screwed up my green card and gave me and my employer wrong advice and I am not really guilty of overstaying 9 years. The f***xxing lawyer lost multiple chances to obtain a GC for me and lied to me. Now I am 100% guilty for overstaying. Is that right?
    Immigration lawyer should have taken care about my visa 9 years ago. I raise 2 USC and it is hardship to keep their parents without a visa till their death.
    There are sometimes cases like mine when not necessarily an alien was guilty or was responsible for overstaying or illegal employment

Leave a comment:

• mohan
    replied
    http://www.svherald.com/articles/200...news/news4.txt

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Acelaw says: "While we are engaged overseas in a mission to recreate countries in our own image and likeness, many of our own cities are being transformed into the image and likeness of Mexican villages."

Kind of sounds like we're getting what we deserve, doesn't it? We think we can go around telling everyone in the world how to run thier countries. We try to impose our culture and philosophy on other peoples. We go around the world as tourists who expect everyone to speak English. How can you criticize the Mexicans when they aren't any worse than we are? Most of them are learning English anyway . They will spend $800.00, which is often a very large sum for them for "Ingles sin Barreras", which is a correspondence course to teach them English. It is not always easy to learn another language. It takes time. As a trilingual person, I am well aware of how hard it can be. They are not goint to leave, whether the polls say that they're wanted here or not. You are just wasting energy on negative emotions. If you can't beat them, which you are definately not going to do, then the only other option is to join them. You aren't starving because of illegal immigrants. You still live a very comfortable life. If you can afford a computer, than you are better off than most people on this planet. What are you so afraid of? Of losing some of your wealth? Of hearing Spanish spoken in the store? Of your eyes having to see someone with brown skin in line at a Walmart checkstand? Smelling tamales cooking in the house next door? Come on.

Leave a comment:

• mohan
    replied
    Thats true. and most probably nothing will happend, the figure will increase from 8-10 millions to upwards.
    speciall registration occured and didn't went thru all the way. only certain countries was named in different phases and then its died. we heard that there are many other countries will be added but due to critisizm registration method died.
    Did we accomplished our goal to catch terrorist by speciall registration? NO. Few innocent( why innocent, because they might don't know if they are over stay OR under adjustment are still deportable. once alien knows thet he will be deported he will never go to registration) people who are over stayed got caught, NTA issued some got deported and some released back in the country.
    That didnot worked. How sure we are that Mass deportation will work. A big if...

Leave a comment:

• SKS
    replied
    janiss, from lancaster huh? My father used to work in Palmdale. God Bless you, because you couldn't pay me to live out there!! We'll, it does all come down to the old "wait and see what happens."

"I have come to realize that there is nothing I can say that you won't say "Won't Happen"."

Well, I just get tired of people saying illegal immigrants SHOULDN'T be here and we SHOULD deport them, that gets old.........

"I don't have your abbility to see into the future but I will state "my opinion"."

I've stated before that I could be wrong on things. I don't know what will happen, but I have a good idea based on the way things are......

"There will not be another amnesty. Why would there be?"

Why do you always assume that the only solution to those here is amnesty? There are other things we can do. A modified 245(i) would help greatly, as well as a regularization program along those lines.

"The last one resulted in an increase in illegal immigration.As I said before only 20% of those became citizens, so the rest are here for the money."

The increase was due to the fact, as Mohan pointed out, that there weren't any other safeguards to prevent more from coming. Wouldn't an amnesty PLUS a stonger border have been more successful??

The amnesty in 1986 wasn't a completely "blanket" one. 20%, where did you get that stat and does it tell the whole truth?? How many were illegal in 1986? And how many could have satisfied the residency requirement (wasn't it 1982)? All of them?? If not, then of course not all became citizens because some couldn't it! When 245(i), I don't know, was la where there more people filing when that was implemented?? Did we not see an increase in people taking advantage of that??

The rest are here for the money? What does that mean? I thought they have extremely low paying jobs and don't get as much as legal immigrants and citizens?? some money!!
    Most are here to WORK, live, survive. In that case, I'm also here for the money (although I am a teacher!!). Who here isn't!!??

"If the-same thing happens again , we are on our way to becoming a nation of visitors. Not a good thing. If 85% of Americans want the illegals deported, I fail to see why you say it would be political suicide for a politician to be for a mass deportation."

Again, I'm in that "85%" who isn't in favor of a blanket amnesty!!!! Yet I don't think like you!! YOU Tell me then, why hasn't a presidential candidate came out and said, "In office, I will round up every illegal immigrant and deport'em"? Why didn't Bush say that when he was elected?? ANSWER that, immigration has been an issue for many years, hence the way Prop. 187 was passed, so why didn't anybody say that, if it isn't political suicide???!!

"I think that if one were to come out today in favor of that he would be elected in a heartbeat."

IF one does.........remains to be seen. I just don't believe that Bush or any other presidential candidate is going to come out and say, "If elected I will round up and deport every illegal immigrant and visa overstayer in the country." However, I could very well be wrong.

"we have only had proof of the actual numbers and costs of illegal immigration since the facts began to trickle out since the last census.Before that the pro-illegal groups were saying that it was a good thing for the country.Now we know better."

We didn't know the truth before 2000?? Are you joking?? Immigration has been an issue for MANY years! Do you remember Prop. 187?? We new nothing of immigration based on the 1990 census??
    Also, pro-illegal groups are still saying illegal immigrants are good for our economy!!

"No matter how much spin you put on it it has been a diaster."

Spin, me? How? I've agreed with you and acelaw MILLIONS of times about immigration being a serious issue.

"Now what to do. First the Congress declares a five year moratorium on ANY immigration. The polls show this is what most Americans want."

What about the jobs that need foreign workers?? That would hurt our economy dearly!

"That gives us some breathing room to start cleaning up the mess in legal as well as illegal immigration. It also gives boost to Homeland Security. We spend all those resources getting a handle on those ALREADY here."

"Second: The military or National Guard must be added to border patrol. Also Everyone in law enforcement MUST report any illegals they come across. This will get a big helping hand pretty soon."

"But most CAN and WILL be once we focus on that. We simply cannot afford to do otherwise. And that is A FACT."

What is a fact, that we will round up every illegal immigrant?? Yes we can afford to do otherwise, legalize them. (Which, to you, does not automatically mean amnesty)Makes more sense to allow them to contribute to our society more so.

"And with 85% of Americans who feel the same way, I think it is likly that is what we will see happen."

You're throwig this 85% around to fit in with anything you say? All of the 85% agree with what you say, and feel the same way? You got that from a poll?

"I really dont think six months from now you will be saying "it won't happen". But , we will see."

You have a lot of hope in president Bush and our congress. You are right, we will have to see. If I am wrong I say I am...........but when I am right, I will be the first to say that as well!!!

"Oh , and Sks, you say you are a teacher. In LA. Well, addmitting the problem is the first step to finding a cure.(That's a joke)"

I don't get it??

Let me get something straight. Here is your plan for the next 6 months to a year, and the presidential race.

1. The president Bush or the next president is going to come out and say they will "round up" every illegal immigrant and visa overstayer in the country.
    2. There will be a 5 year moratorium on all immigration.
    3. The military will be called to the border (the most realistic of your plan), and EVERY police agency in the country will report, detain, and hand over every illegal immigrant they encounter.

This is very highly unlikely..........but if that is what you think.........

I know how to feasibly solve this issue, but that is more wishful thinking than anything.
    Here's what I believe will happen REALISTICALLY in the next year or so, and I'm a little more pessimistic.
    1. Next to nothing. I don't believe this problem will get the proper attention. Bush will give lip service to it, might even meet with president Fox and talk about how they need to do something about immigration, but nothing will get solved.
    2. Will the military go to the border?? That is a very big MAYBE............hmmmmmmmm do I think that will happen...................no. If so, it will be like when we had the national guard here and there at the airports.
    3. At the very least, in dealing with those here, there might be a version of 245(i) implemented to somehow deal with those already here.

This is what I think will happen. Do I think there will be an amnesty or a regularization plan that I advocate, NO. But I also don't think there will be massive deportations ordered, and I don't see house to house raids anytime soon. I think immigration will continue in the way it has been. New laws may get passed, but much like with IIRAIRA of 1996, that doesn't mean squat if there isn't a way to enforce them. We will be seeing new bills come up, like the one on this thread, and they may even get passed, but with an inefficient BCIS and lack of coordination it will only amount to a piece of paper.

I'M HOPING I AM COMPLETELY WRONG ON THIS ISSUE, AND THAT THE PRESIDENT COMES OUT AND ADDRESSES IT ONCE AND FOR ALL, but I think it will be status quo for awhile.

Leave a comment:

• janiss
    replied
    I have come to realize that there is nothing I can say that you won't say "Won't Happen". I don't have your abbility to see into the future but I will state "my opinion". There will not be another amnesty. Why would there be? The last one resulted in an increase in illegal immigration.As I said before only 20% of those became citizens, so the rest are here for the money.If the-same thing happens again , we are on our way to becoming a nation of visitors. Not a good thing. If 85% of Americans want the illegals deported, I fail to see why you say it would be political suicide for a politician to be for a mass deportation.I think that if one were to come out today in favor of that he would be elected in a heartbeat. we have only had proof of the actual numbers and costs of illegal immigration since the facts began to trickle out since the last census.Before that the pro-illegal groups were saying that it was a good thing for the country.Now we know better.No matter how much spin you put on it it has been a diaster.Now what to do. First the Congress declares a five year moratorium on ANY immigration. The polls show this is what most Americans want. That gives us some breathing room to start cleaning up the mess in legal as well as illegal immigration. It also gives boost to Homeland Security. We spend all those resources getting a handle on those ALREADY here. Second: The military or National Guard must be added to border patrol. Also Everyone in law enforcement MUST report any illegals they come across. This will get a big helping hand pretty soon. I live in Lancaster , which is home to many aerospace companys. There are Global Hawks that have been ordered that are being built as we speak, for the express purpose of border security.This added to George Bush's silence on the subject of amnesty, as well as the many bills in Congress that are coming up concerning this , tells me there will be a change for the better soon.We will just have to agree to disagree on the rest. They illegals did not all come overnight. They will not be all deported overnight. But most CAN and WILL be once we focus on that. We simply cannot afford to do otherwise. And that is A FACT. And with 85% of Americans who feel the same way, I think it is likly that is what we will see happen. I really dont think six months from now you will be saying "it won't happen". But , we will see. Oh , and Sks, you say you are a teacher. In LA. Well, addmitting the problem is the first step to finding a cure.(That's a joke)

Leave a comment:

• mohan
    replied
    Actlaw,
    You are really a hard headed The statement people wrote about cut and paste is true.you know nothing else but to cut and paste. IF i want to cut and paste I can do many as pro ligalization as you do but its not fair for the solution.

these things didnot in your head, and your contradict your own statement. by saying this.

WE DO NOT NEED THEM, NOR SHOULD WE PAY FOR THEM WHEN HERE ILLEGALY. END OF STORY, YOU CAN SPIN IT
    ALL YOU WANT WE OWE THEM NOTHING!!!!!!BUT A BUS TICKET HOME.

Are you gonna buy A bus ticket? Can you?
    How you send people to their home country by BUS? specially third world country? May be you are narrow your self to maxico too.

ANOTHER ONE
    The number of illegal immigrants now in the United States is 8.7 million, and the INS is unable to deport them.

Did you enven bother to know why INS is unable to deport them? Or just you know cut and paste without reading?

U.S. services and benefits given to legal and illegal immigrants cost American taxpayers $68 billion per year – and that number is growing.

Didn't it already defined? its irrelevent. because we are not justifying here what damage we get,but we are looking what should be done to prevent happening.

CANADA? I dont even read it. Canada is not who have immigration problem (7-10 million illegals).irrelevent.
    Let me speak your language
    Don't you think Maxican are send back everyday,( I live , just before 15 miles from border) and they come back next day. in this cycle how many bus tickets you are ready to buy?

CUT AND PAST DON'T SOLVE ANY PROBLEM, YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND QUESTION FIRST>
    DONT WRITE THE C R A P THAT WHAT BENIFIT THEY GET OR WHAT AMERICAN TAX PAYERS PAY< GET THE POINT WHAT CAN BE DONE TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM AND AT WHAT COST?HOW LONG ITS GONNA TAKES?
    THE CONCLUSION;
    IS THE MASS LEGALIZATION IS INEVITABLE?
    IF YES HOW? GIVE THE REAL FACTS.

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources