Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THERE IS A MAJOR PUSH UNDERWAY TO MOVE H.R. 2671 FORWARD WITHIN THE NEXT 5-7 WEEKS: Rep. Charlie Nor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK has a straightforward law.
    UK permanent residency can be obtained:
    - after 4 years of continuous legal stay in UK;
    - after 11 years of continuous illegal stay in UK.
    Is that simple enough ?!!!!!!!!!!!????????

Comment

Very cute, and patriotic, however, we must face reality for what it is.......Millions are here uninvited and there are those violated our laws......
      You just described the reasons why immigration will not get addressed.

I find it appalling that a TEACHER thinks it "cute" that I insist our duly elected representatives fufill their legal obligation to the American People. That is the reason they exist. Remember, a Republic. That is our form of government. I hope and pray that you are teaching those principles.If you feel that expecting MY government to do what is in MY best interest and the will of a large majority of Americans, is the very reason the issue won't be addressed, then we are in serious trouble. Because if the educators of our children hold opinions such as yours...............Oh, and would you think my principles were "cute" if I were a man??

Comment

janiss, RE-READ MY POSTS!!!! FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, YOU HAVE SERIOUS READING COMPREHENSION ISSUES IF YOU BELIEVE THAT IS WHAT I SAID WAS CUTE

Your direct qoute:"This is the American Peoples home. And we want the people we invite into our home to play by the rules. And we don't want uninvited guests."

This is what I said was very "cute." Because it has nothing to do with the reality of the situation. Did you take my response out of context, and twist it to fit your point??

WHEN YOU SAID:"And I think it is about time that the American people are the people who the government is looking out for first and forEmost. That is after all the duty they swore to uphold."

MY DIRECT RESPONSE WAS:" The government SHOULD put the people first and do the job with efficienty. It hasn't been that way for years, unfortunately."

I AGREED WITH YOU 100% THAT THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD PUT THE PEOPLE FIRST. I DID NOT SAY THAT WAS CUTE!!!! TAKING MY RESPONSES OUT OF CONTEXT IS NOT A VERY GOOD THING!!

Remember, read everything carefully.

"I find it appalling that a TEACHER thinks it "cute" that I insist our duly elected representatives fufill their legal obligation to the American People. That is the reason they exist. Remember, a Republic. That is our form of government."

I NEVER ONCE SAID THAT WAS CUTE!! Maybe you are misinterpreting what I am saying, and maybe you are having trouble understanding my sarcasm. I do not think it is cute to insist our elected representatives do what is best for the American people. What I find cute is when people say things like, "They SHOULDN'T be here," shouldn't this and shouldn't that, kinda gets old. Same old rhetoric and it sounds CUTE to me.

"I hope and pray that you are teaching those principles."

You have nothing to worry about. One of my teaching strategies is "Devil's Advocate." This involves me pointing out a problem, and CHALLENGING my students to think critically about solving the issue on many different topics. Having not been in my classes, you have no idea the discussions we have and how I make my students strive to address our current issues.

I tell them, " You may not like me.....that's fine, I am not here to be your friend but your teacher." It seems my strategy works because I don't see you or acelaw quitting this argument/debate/discussion!!! It seems I have succeeded in making you talk your mind!!!

"If you feel that expecting MY government to do what is in MY best interest and the will of a large majority of Americans, is the very reason the issue won't be addressed, then we are in serious trouble."

I see you may have misinterpreted my post again...
        Expecting our government to do what is best for the people isn't the reason the issue won't get solved. What I am saying is that politicians, out of fear, ignorance, or because they don't give a rats a$$, will not address this issue anytime in the near future, in my opinion.

"Because if the educators of our children hold opinions such as yours..............."

WHAT OPINIONS WOULD THAT BE??? I agree with what you said about our politicians having a duty to the people,and about what they SHOULD do in office. Never once have I said anything anti-American!! I do not blame Americans for illegal immigrants coming here, but I DO blame our politicians for not confronting it one way or another, with all of our available resources. Find a solution and do something about it already!!

My opinions.....................is what I'm saying wrong??? Our politicians haven't ignored this issue??? Illegal immigrants aren't a part of our society?? It would be funny if I said that, because I do have some in my class!! What a crock that would be!
        Did Clinton do anything to solve this issue?? What about Bush??? I don't see any military on the border, do you?? I don't see any massive round ups and house to house raids, do you?? I don't see an amnesty either, do you??? WHAT'S GOING ON?? WHO IS TO BLAME FOR OUR GOVERNMENT'S INACTION?? Sounds to me like somebody isn't doing their job for Americans...........and who would that be...............well, politicians of course

You tell me then, WHY HAVEN'T ANY OF OUR POLITICIANS ADDRESSED THE ISSUE OF IMMIGRATION WITH MORE THAN JUST LIP SERVICE?

Illegal immigration has posed serious issues for MANY years now. RIGHT NOW, IN SEPT. 2003, WITH THE INFORMATION WE HAVE, WHY ISN'T THE PRESIDENT DOING ANYTHING ABOUT IT WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?

I WANT SOMETHING DONE RIGHT NOW, DON'T YOU, DOESN'T THE AMERICAN PEOPLE WANT IT?????? YOU TELL ME WHY NOTHING IS BEING DONE THEN AS WE SPEAK???WHY?WHY?WHY?

IF ALL THE THINGS YOU AND ACELAW SAY ARE CORRECT, WHY ISN'T PRESIDENT BUSH HOLDING A PRESS CONFERENCE ABOUT IT? WHY?? WHY AREN'T NATIONAL GUARD TROOPS BEING CALLED TO THE BORDER TODAY?WHY?WHY? WHY DON'T I SEE MILITARY HUMVEES ROLLING DOWN BROADWAY, MAIN, AND FIGUEROA STREETS, WHY??

YOU ARE RIGHT THOUGH, WE ARE IN SERIOUS TROUBLE!!

Here is a question, do ALL of the decisions made by our politicians reflect what is best for all Americans??? Are the American people always put first in EVERY decision made in the White House????

These are some of the questions I DEMAND my students address. I also have them play the role of President, and present what they would do on this and many other issues in american society.

by the way

"Oh, and would you think my principles were "cute" if I were a man??"

When did I say,"Janiss, because you are a woman, you principals are cute?" WHEN DID I SAY THAT?? Trust me, if I felt that way I would come out and say it, I have nothing to hide!!
        Lets see..................never, that's right. Now THAT is real cute. I don't care if you are a woman or a man, if anybody said what you did, I would say that is cute...........Nice try though, trying to make me out to be somebody I'm not!!

[This message was edited by SKS on September 13, 2003 at 07:14 PM.]

[This message was edited by SKS on September 13, 2003 at 07:17 PM.]

[This message was edited by SKS on September 13, 2003 at 07:18 PM.]

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources