Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Petition Filed then I got GC through a different case.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Petition Filed then I got GC through a different case.

    My mother filed 1-130 petition for me then after five years I got approved and got my Green card through a different case and now I just received the approval letter through my mother's pending petition so my question is any good use for the new approval petition through my mom even though I already got my Green card through a different case? what I should do with the new petition approval?

  • #2
    Originally posted by Antton View Post
    My mother filed 1-130 petition for me then after five years I got approved and got my Green card through a different case and now I just received the approval letter through my mother's pending petition so my question is any good use for the new approval petition through my mom even though I already got my Green card through a different case? what I should do with the new petition approval?
    You can ignore it. Unless you want to go through the immigration process again?

    This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by newacct View Post
      You can ignore it. Unless you want to go through the immigration process again?

      can a person have or allowed two Green card through two different petition?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Antton View Post
        can a person have or allowed two Green card through two different petition?
        One can't do Adjustment of Status if they are already a permanent resident. However, I believe one can do Consular Processing for an immigrant visa when already a permanent resident. But why would you do this? The only case would be if the new category would allow you to add a spouse or children as derivatives that your old category didn't (or the spouse / children were acquired after the first green card). Otherwise, it would make no sense.

        This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

        Comment


        • #5
          Is there a way to preserve this petition case approval (keeping it valid and not to expire) just in case I might need it or use it in the future?

          Comment

          Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

          Home Page

          Immigration Daily

          Archives

          Processing times

          Immigration forms

          Discussion board

          Resources

          Blogs

          Twitter feed

          Immigrant Nation

          Attorney2Attorney

          CLE Workshops

          Immigration books

          Advertise on ILW

          EB-5

          移民日报

          About ILW.COM

          Connect to us

          Questions/Comments

          SUBSCRIBE

          Immigration Daily



          Working...
          X