Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Petition Filed then I got GC through a different case.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petition Filed then I got GC through a different case.

My mother filed 1-130 petition for me then after five years I got approved and got my Green card through a different case and now I just received the approval letter through my mother's pending petition so my question is any good use for the new approval petition through my mom even though I already got my Green card through a different case? what I should do with the new petition approval?

Originally posted by Antton View Post
    My mother filed 1-130 petition for me then after five years I got approved and got my Green card through a different case and now I just received the approval letter through my mother's pending petition so my question is any good use for the new approval petition through my mom even though I already got my Green card through a different case? what I should do with the new petition approval?
    You can ignore it. Unless you want to go through the immigration process again?

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      You can ignore it. Unless you want to go through the immigration process again?

can a person have or allowed two Green card through two different petition?

Comment

Originally posted by Antton View Post
        can a person have or allowed two Green card through two different petition?
        One can't do Adjustment of Status if they are already a permanent resident. However, I believe one can do Consular Processing for an immigrant visa when already a permanent resident. But why would you do this? The only case would be if the new category would allow you to add a spouse or children as derivatives that your old category didn't (or the spouse / children were acquired after the first green card). Otherwise, it would make no sense.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Is there a way to preserve this petition case approval (keeping it valid and not to expire) just in case I might need it or use it in the future?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation